Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If I recall the phasing docs, the first piece (phase 2.A?) was just the rice brook building and a bit of landscaping around them. Moving the chair was not included in the first piece, but as part of a second or third piece. Would have to dig through the docs on the warren DRB site to verify that. Was going to comment on that earlier in this thread, but never got around to it.

Teleo is right. This phase is like 4 small buildings that will be situated just at the top of the Chez Henri parking lot adjacent to the Village covered bridge. The drawings make it look like there will be minimal impact to the Out to lunch trail and the parking Lot but I would bet with the staging area and construciton vehicles, it will impact the flow of taffic and skiers. The lift willnot be impacted this year at least and depending on sales of the units, maybe not for a while.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

No blockage. That is a key feature of the design. Village does not need to be moved until we get to later buildings

Can we expect to see construction progress pictures on the Sugarbush website as we did with the Schoolhouse & Farmhouse?

Yes you can.

I was up this weekend and on Saturday they were delivering a bunch of heavy equipment like bulldozers, etc... to the site (sorry, no pics). So it looks like they might be starting on the foundation or site prep this fall.

Job site trailer now on site... construction fencing/ribbon around entire area... looks like construction has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Job site trailer now on site... construction fencing/ribbon around entire area... looks like construction has begun!
    Look for this project to be completed 10/13.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    So, I've been looking at the plans as best I can, and maybe I'm missing something, and maybe I can't read plans, but will there be retail in the Rice Brook project? With the new revitalized base area, that would be sweet to add a village style vibe to it. I know that the village is older and leaves a little to a lot to be desired, and I had heard there might be some shops going in the later stages. Any word on this?
    I don't believe so, Ride. I think that this new development, and the new connectivity between the base area and the "old" village will result in a revitalization and natural transformation of that older area of the resort.

The description posted on the submission to the Town states that there will be some retail space in the project. It looks like this first phase does not have that in it. I think it will be the next set of buildings on a subsequent phase. Yes the village has several Condo Associations and some private owners like Henri Borel and none of it as far as I know is owned by the Mountain. If Lostone still posted he would know the specifics.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Delaware ? View Post
    Like I said before, I don't know the ins and outs of everything, but isn't the current village part of that condo association and is therefore maintained by them? Wouldn't it be their choice to give it a new coat of paint and some general upkeep, specifically landscaping? Or is that still owned and maintained by Sugarbush Resort? If that's the case, then they let it slip a bit...
    Sugarbush has no ownership in the Village area. These are all privately owned business real estate units. I am not aware of any business condo associations in that part of the village. The nearby residential condos have their own associations.

I'd bet once you get increased traffic and business into the village, it will get spruced up. Its not that bad that it needs anything major.

speaking about needing major work, how 'bout the sharc?

I used to take my daughter and son & their friends to the SHARC very day after skiing in the late 80's/early 90's. I do not think that I have been back there for almost 18 years.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Look for this project to be completed 10/13.
    Hi No, of course you are talking about phase 1 completion.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Hi No, of course you are talking about phase 1 completion.
    Yes, of course.