Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fair amount of info on their website. http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-rea...ushliving/blog

Construction Pictures

Here are some pictures I took on Sunday of the foundation site. Pretty much only a big hole at this point. On the last picture you can see the work being done to the Out to Lunch trail. I'm not sure if the construction fences will be removed (ignored?) by ski season or not.

You can also see some of the natural snow covering on the lower trails!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oops the server re-ordered my pictures! The second pic shows the out to lunch trail.

Thanks for the pics. I heard a rumor that they were going to work until it got to cold/snowy and then pull the construction fences back to allow access via Out to Lunch. Hope there is access or else there will be a lot of upset people. On the plus side, looks like the re-grading of OtL may be in place to minimize the "climb" when heading towards GH.

warren development review board - http://warrenvt.org/depts/zoning.htm has all the detailed plans.
    You have to poke around in there a bit to find them. I forget exactly where they are.

OTL will definitely be open! We will be regrading it so so that there will be the same elevation from OTL over to the Gatehouse lift making for a much easier ski over. The master plan is also available in the RE office in the Farmhouse. The first building off course in fully designed and people have already contracted for units. The next buildings are conceptual. We have an approved footprint and and approved number of units, but market demand will determine the exact details of future phases. Building E will be the last most likely. The proceeds from all these buildings goes to pay back the EB-5 investors whose capital was used for the development of the base area at Lincoln Peak. A lot of site work has been done and next week we might be pouring cement for the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    OTL will definitely be open! We will be regrading it so so that there will be the same elevation from OTL over to the Gatehouse lift making for a much easier ski over.
    Thanks for the confirm on OTL. And for keeping it open! Looking forward to the regrading. I could have used it the last few years towing my daughter over. But now she has poles and she'll probably be beating me over soon.

The site is active and they have poured the concrete foundations. They started the steel erection and started the install of steel decking on the first floor of one building. It looks like the poured the first slab and are picking away at the work. Winter work is always slow and costly. So yes things are moving along.

EB5??? Who knows...... that stuff is for the bean counters and the finance people.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

My understanding is that doing the work in the winter is costing significantly more than waiting until spring. But they do appear to be making progress.

Everything is on schedule. Yes, we raised $20 million from EB-5 and it was used for the base area developments the past five years. The EB-5 investor get their investment return form this next phase of development. They are at risk and if we are successful, they get theri investment back.

Thank you. I am fortunate to have a great team here at Sugarbush.

Re: Any progress on the Rice Brook project?

Here you go ride. From out to lunch looking towards the parking lot. You can see the school house on the far right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was up at Sugarbush on the 3rd, and progress was moving right along. From the pictures I saw on the site this morning, the townhouses seem to be water tight and the condos have the plywood roofing. Looks like they are right on schedule.

From a sales perspective, I'm a little surprised none of the condos have sold, even if they are on the pricier side. The townhouses sold relatively quickly. They are sure to be too notch units and are in a wonderful ski in ski out location. I know this money is earmarked to pay back EB5 investors, so I wonder if that effects the amount of wiggle room they have in regards to sales. I'm interested to see how the rest of the project unfolds, so I hope the interest picks up. I believe I saw that they have been approved for the 2nd phase, but I can't see them moving forward until the majority of those have sold. Anyone know if there has been interest, and why try are selling so much slower than the townhouses?

I saw pictures of the continuing progress, and I have to imagine that they will be completed on time. I wonder if the parking areas and landscaping will be done before the season or if they are putting the majority of that on hold until more phases have been completed. I also checked on the unit availability and noticed that one condo has now been sold and one is reserved. Looks like things are continuing to stay hot in the MRV.

Win, I know it's still a ways away with 7 units still unsold, but if these units sell at a decent clip, what is the approximate timeline for phase 2? Is that the phase that will have need for the lift to be moved?

the units are beautiful. i think the slow sales is indicative of the weak economy and the evolving demographics of the northeast.