Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Any progress on the Rice Brook project?

Didn't make it up for the 4th this year so didn't have a chance to see if any construction had started on Rice Brook. As of about a month ago they still hadn't broken ground. If they have by now does anyone have any pictures?

Have not broken ground yet. Well they mowed it...if you count that. Heard one person say it was held up on state review and another said it was in act 250 and they were still hoping to break ground this summer. No idea if those are true, but what is an internet chat room for if not to spread unsubstantiated rumors?

I stopped by the sales office and was told they were still in the permitting process but expect to get construction started next spring.
    fwiw-3 BR starting at 619k. reasonable considering the location.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Over the 4th, someone in the Village told me that they finally passed the permit process and would start breaking ground in July or August.

Seems like a very late start which the person with the info agreed, but maybe they start on the grounds this fall and start the actual construction next spring.

Sure will be happy to have the road going up to the village parking lot in better shape. It is embarrassing right now.

Not really that late. These buildings do not affect the operation of the resort in any way except for the VD lift. I am sure they can move and modify the lift by December. Other than that they have 5 months to get the foundations in place, frame the buildings and close them in before the snow flies and cold temps set in. That is not that hard considering the size of the buildings.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Having worked lifts and maintenance at K-mart and having help replace/shorten a lift line, that is a job best done under very good weather. Trying to splice a lift line in any temp lower than 60F creates havoc. The metal doesn't bend and "work" as well when trying to splice the several strands back together. The dozens of folks needed to help hold and move the metal strands around won't appreciate holding cold steel in their hands for several hours during the course of the splice. Of course, since I'm not working that team, no big deal to me, but that is a rather grueling task.

You are right Hawk, getting the foundation dug and poured, the ground plumbing set and getting the building framed can be done before it gets cold. I'm hoping for winter to come in around November 1st though. Might put a damper on the construction crew if the snow banks keep them from parking anywhere near the project. Maybe Win can run the job crew into the job site in the Lincoln Limo until we open and get some serious powder!

Given that it is now July 25th, and there is no evidence of activity via the Sugarbush web site (photo's, news release etc) and there certainly would be given Win's shrewd marketing, I'd say the odds of anything happening this summer are NIL. IMHO that is.......Hopefully a good winter will make next summer a reality.

So if they are delayed till next Spring to start on Rice Brook, any chance of wrangling up some funding for more snowmaking improvements or is it too late to get that in place?

I think Win takes a break from the board over the summer but expect to hear what they are doing when he returns (hopefully).
    That being said, they've done a lot over the last few years, and given the unplanned for need to rebuild the snowmaking pond and going over budget on snowmaking this winter, maybe they arent doing anything.

it's all academic. big big big winter incoming.

We got a notice from the town of Warren about changes in the design of the buildings. I am not sure what drove this but it must have something to do with why they are delaying the start. I will be up all next week and will report back anything I hear.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I found a notice on the Warren town site that talks about some minor changes that have been submitted. It says a decision will be made by August 31st. (I tried to attach it but the file size is too big - here is the link for it - http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/zoning.htm ). I'm not sure if this is the same delay that was mentioned in the Valley Reporter:

http://www.valleyreporter.com/index....s-at-sugarbush
    Last edited by villager; 08-20-2012 at 06:45 PM.

word is the permits were issued.

Finally. The Act 250 land permit was issued last Friday. We are now in the process of reviewing contruction bids.

Congrats on the permits.

The email I got today said "I am very pleased to announce... ... we are happy to be moving ahead with this project this fall."

The web site at: http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-rea...ushliving/blog does not include "this fall".

Do you still have a chance to start this fall? If so, can you start this late and not block access from Out to Lunch and SB village this winter?

does the rice brook construction necessarily entail the movement of the village double??? if so, how can this possibly be done before the end of the season???