Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LP development

LP development

Short article in The Valley Reporter this week on development plans for Lincoln peak. Can't find it on-line to put a link in. Talks about phase 1 of 15 units in 3 buildings, construction starting April 2012. Plan is for 80 to 90 units housing and commercial space.

P.S. Awfully sore after 2 days of spring skiing to start the season. 1 more to go today. Get it before it melts.

Got an email with the floor plans but its too big to post. looks like 3 bedroom units. anyone know the prices?

Any word on the location of the new buildings? I remember the old Clay Brook site plans showing future development at the bottom of the Village Chair, eventually trying to link Clay Brook and the new Skier Services buildings to the Village, but I can't seem to find anything now.
    Ithaca is (not) Vermont (but it is gorges)

Think I heard alongside the "helicopter lot", from the Farmhouse/Schoolhouse, out towards Village Road. But that was a while ago.

Seems like something should take the space between the Farmhouse/Schoolhouse and the Village parking lot. There just seems to be way too much open space there. Of course the Lodge at Lincoln Peak I believe was supposed to go in that cleared out space between the Village (chair) and Village (lot).

Lincoln Peak Village Development Project-Phase II Sketch Plan Review

In this Internet Age, nearly all developmental filings are available for the public to view. According to the public record, the following is the preliminary materials for Lincoln Peak Village Project Phase II.

http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/drb/20...pplication.pdf
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Nice find. Very interesting. I had talked with a couple of the perspective home owners over the weekend. They said they were excited about the prospect of a new slope side property.

Now back to my snow dancing.

Well that will make the morning school bus pick up interesting. Currently, our kids get picked up and dropped off at the Chez Henri/Village bridge. Wonder if I will still be able to ski in down Out to Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Well that will make the morning school bus pick up interesting. Currently, our kids get picked up and dropped off at the Chez Henri/Village bridge. Wonder if I will still be able to ski in down Out to Lunch.
    According to the pdf posted up thread, it doesn't look like bus pick-up and drop off should be an issue, the chez henri bridge looks to be staying as is, with a nice turn around at the end of it. I'm guessing it would be fine for a school bus and shuttle busses. Hard to read the slope on the trails, but one would think if it's being built as ski in/out, it should have good trail access. Trails are in the plan in blue. Looks like parking under the buildings too. Overall, looks pretty good. That has always been sort of a odd looking area, should spruce it up a bit.

If you look at it closely is apears that the VR lift base is going to be relocated higher up the mountain and maybe to the left as you look up. Interesting. It sure is going to be busy down there. I guess it should tie in the village a little better.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Interesting indeed. This goes straight to the chicken and egg arguement.

Chicken:' Who the hell will make a serious investment in a ski resort with such an anemic and hugely, massively, competitively disadvantaged (Stowe, Kton, Sriver, etc) snowmaking system. I mean in a lean snow year, of which there are many in these parts, the ski product really falls short.'

Egg: This place is lovely, the folks are all super friendly, the owner is on hand and genuinely interested and invloved and has good vision. Let's plunk down and double up on the ski tuning passes. Maybe they'll overhaul that dreadful Sharc place so when the snow is limited we can work out in a less auntiquated facility and not break out in hives after going in the hot tub. It's just a shame they seem to run out of food at the CRP every weekend just about when we're done skiing - isn't that when most places ramp up for Apres? But when it does snow, this place is the sxxt.

Now that is a nasty post.

Meant to be totally constructive, as I'll be found lapping JesterSpout this weekend should we reopen, and nodding with understanding when Shaun tells me the wings are sold out at 4 saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by arc1 View Post
    Interesting indeed. This goes straight to the chicken and egg arguement.

Chicken:' Who the hell will make a serious investment in a ski resort with such an anemic and hugely, massively, competitively disadvantaged (Stowe, Kton, Sriver, etc) snowmaking system. I mean in a lean snow year, of which there are many in these parts, the ski product really falls short.'

Egg: This place is lovely, the folks are all super friendly, the owner is on hand and genuinely interested and invloved and has good vision. Let's plunk down and double up on the ski tuning passes. Maybe they'll overhaul that dreadful Sharc place so when the snow is limited we can work out in a less auntiquated facility and not break out in hives after going in the hot tub. It's just a shame they seem to run out of food at the CRP every weekend just about when we're done skiing - isn't that when most places ramp up for Apres? But when it does snow, this place is the sxxt.
    we are all frustrated with the stinking weather, but the snowmaking is not that bad. Have to agree about the sharc though, it's an embarrassment.

Our only favorable snowmaking comparison is to Mad River. Really.

Ya, Ya and more wings. I hear you. I love those things with the jerk seasoning. see you soon.