Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As the upslope falls.....

.....It makes me think that I need another weekend. Since Stowe is the only place left in VT that is 1) closed 2) has existing snow on the trails 3) will be getting over a foot of fresh today, tomorrow and possible into wed. and 4) has a liberal view of skinning....I think I might find myself there.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

hmmmm

Just got a call from a friend at the top of Valley House Lift 10" New!

Some how I just figured we would close and it would start to snow! Go Figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post

reopen???

Just like Mortimer Duke said in Trading Places,.... Get those lift operators back here,... "turn those machines back on"!
    Last edited by djd66; 04-09-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post

Of course it did Tree. That is just the way this year is going to be. I bet we don't see summer until July now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Of course it did Tree. That is just the way this year is going to be. I bet we don't see summer until July now.
    it's a kick in the nuts, that's what it is. unless we get more turns out of this.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    R U kidding me???? Now it is dumping?
    I love big dumps!! ;-0
    I didn't even see that it was going to snow. What is the deal? Actual snow or a few inches and some rain?
    Looks like, from the webcam, the frost line is at about 1800', that means OG and Ripcord are probably awesome right now. Heck, even 3/4 of Steins should be fabulous.
    This is torture.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    R U kidding me???? Now it is dumping?
    I love big dumps!! ;-0
    I didn't even see that it was going to snow. What is the deal? Actual snow or a few inches and some rain?
    Looks like, from the webcam, the frost line is at about 1800', that means OG and Ripcord are probably awesome right now. Heck, even 3/4 of Steins should be fabulous.
    This is torture.
    serious snow above 2000'. I would assume there is significantly more than a foot already and should continue through tomorrow.

Well Jay is still open with a ton of trails if I want lift serviced. They are also getting the upslope. After two weeks of SR and the drunkfest I endured over there, I can't go back. I still don't exactly remember what happen. The Bad Liver Valley has nothing on those fools. LOL No I was thinking that a relatively quiet couple of days of skinning is just what I need. I already have several that are interested and the Alchemist is on the way back.

I like the Mortimer Duke reference.

They have been talking about this for about a week now. Some places on the spine may get up to 3 feet now. Here is some images from Stowe posted from our friend on FIS that posts here occasionally......

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...-verydeepsnow/

I am going to Stowe on Saturday morning with a small group from here. You should come.

Lincoln Limo???

Is the Lincoln Limo still available for rent? Where is it parked? at Mt. Ellen or Lincoln Peak?

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Is the Lincoln Limo still available for rent? Where is it parked? at Mt. Ellen or Lincoln Peak?
    it was at LP the weekend before last.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    I'm in for renting the Lincoln Limo!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    They have been talking about this for about a week now. Some places on the spine may get up to 3 feet now. Here is some images from Stowe posted from our friend on FIS that posts here occasionally......

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...-verydeepsnow/

I am going to Stowe on Saturday morning with a small group from here. You should come.
    thanks for the link Hawk! Get after it up there! Stowe WAS great, but it was also quite crowded today.

Honestly it doesn't matter what kinda base was left at a ski mountain. There is so much WET and HEAVY and DEEP snow along the spine of the Green Mountains right now, that everything is a go. Stowe will be fun.. but so too will EVERYWHERE

don't worry about trivialities like a base right now... GO SKIING!!!!