Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A lot of people have been asking about the potential for reopening this weekend, and the official word is that we will not be spinning the lifts. Saturday and Sunday could have been Win's 99th and 100th days of the season, so he was certainly enthusiastic, but the realities of the situation dictate we stay closed.

bummer!

That would be official of someone official had said it. Sorry you don't count Howie.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    That would be official of someone official had said it. Sorry you don't count Howie.
    sorry, I was sloppy. that was a quote from Atkinsons Stoke exchange (or this week's anti stoke exchange). Is that official enough for you?
    Besides, if they were reopening, it would have been on FB, twitter, AZ and here already.

Too bad. I can see how how when april arrives and everything starts to close , a lot of people are moving on to spring - summer sports . I think a minimal opening at Mt Ellen with downloading could have worked great but maybe not profitable or they've already sent everyone home for the season. I am not sure. But there are other options though. Killington, Jay and skins. Anyone else open ?
    Last edited by pcampbell; 04-12-2012 at 02:51 PM.

I have a large group (7 guys) going spring skiing this weekend, plans made long before the big melt. Oh well...Killington it shall be.

That is a bummer. So it's either hike, or haul to kmart. bummed.

Had a great day at Killington yesterday.

I was really hoping for another lift accessed Sugarbush weekend, Especially after Win saying if we got 2' or more. Sad to see them not use the MT Ellen resource of being able to ski the top only. One of the reasons they are not opening South is that they had already scheduled to have Super Brovo maintenance this week. (it would have been strange for it to be down in a year like last year) I will agree that while Killington had a good foot in the parking lot as seen on our web cam and Mad River's down low we seem to have only gotten an inch or 2.
    I understand Sunday River is planning to close on Sunday and it's going to be FREE. Any one want to join me?

Beleive me, no one is more bummed than me and Lili, but after assessing the mountain today and realiizing what it would be like on Saturday, we just did not feel it would be worth re-opening. The top will likely be OK, but getting down is the challenge. Bravo has nothing to do with the decision. Valley House can get to Heaven's Gate. Thanks to all of you for your support and enjoy hiking or riding a lift this weekend. (nice picture Tree!)

Disappointed but understand.

Hey great year everybody. I hope to see the usualy suspects mountain biking this summer. Looking forward to the new trails when they come on line.

I will say that skinning this weekend revealed that there was plenty of snow to open at Stowe and on Steins. Conditions were a little manky but all it would have taken was a little skier traffic to make it all good. I think it just shows that the economics were the factor and not snow. Just sayin. I hope and pray the events of this year don't dampen the overall picture at Sugarbush.

See you soon.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Thanks for the sunscreen. Good to see you guys. Thinking a Jay trip might be in my future. ; }

Wow! All the snow went fast last night! Hopefully, you will still find somewhere to ski this weekend.

has anyone been up... could you still ski summit half way down or something???? i'm thinking no, but in denial...

I went up Mt Ellen on Friday and you actually could have ski'd top to bottom. The sunshine double still had a few inches of ( I'm guessing this was leftover blown snow?) corn and you could cut across at the top over to crackerjack. I'm sure that is all dry now.

it looks like even the upper reaches of the mtn are done

lucky friday the 13th:

for comparison, march 23:

it was really, beautiful and sunny and very white up there. I will probably hike up tomorrow and scope it out.

confirmed there is nothing left this morning. you might get 200 yards of continuous coverage on the upper portions in the shade. I got these new skis that I'm not going to get to use until november!!! I heard some more snow might be coming next week. Not anywhere near as big.

Could it be another uphill snow storm brewing.

NOAA shows snow Sunday into Tuesday http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick....18&lon=-72.82

Mother Nature may still not be done with us. Maybe she is just having hot flashes followed by chills.