Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Two evenly mathced teams it seemed. Breaks went the other way this time. Could have been anybody's game. Good finish by Eli and not so much for Tom. I give praise where praise is due and do not typically get caught up in the trash talk. Exciting game by my account.
    Good game. Glad it ended the way it did.

So back on topic. This weekend was just another ho-hum weekend as far as conditions were concerned. Aside from Steins and Snowball-Spring Fling, the skiing was the same as it has been, firm and icy for the most part. My technical skills are honed to the greatest degree I tell you. I am so sick of groomers, snowmaking and ice!!!!! I have been skiing in the woods a bit to break it up but it's just not great like it should be this time of year. I grade last weekend as Craptastic!!!!

To add insult to injury we canceled our trip to Tahoe last week because I didn't want to ski the same conditions out west. I don't know what you guys think but I am getting real close to writing off the whole season and doing a warm vacation. It would be my first ever. Loosing hope.........hell we are still riding our mountain bikes 2 to 3 nights a week in the boston area. Temps on the rides have not got below 25 degrees! it's freekin February people!!!!!!! WTF
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I would just add that north lynx skied well in the mornings. As did castlerock on Saturday morning.

And yes, some freakin snow would be welcome. These 2-4" deals have been life savers but we are way overdue for a major dumping.

Wow, Tahoe's had it rough this year. 85" so far at Squaw? Incredible. I'm headed to Alta next week - should be a little better there. Still hope for New England, though.

Unsanctioned cutting on National Forest land is not what you want to do.

Win he's kidding. No one is going to take that on and risk getting heat from the feds. All we are saying is you should take a closer look at who is accessing the unpatrolled areas and maybe restrict the traffic when it is less than safe.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I think the entrance could use a "ski area boundary" sign. At least people wouldn't be asking why it was "open" or "closed" since it would be clearly out of bounds.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Win he's kidding. No one is going to take that on and risk getting heat from the feds. All we are saying is you should take a closer look at who is accessing the unpatrolled areas and maybe restrict the traffic when it is less than safe.
    Yes, Kidding. Sorry that didn't transcribe.

Although the "batgate" might be a little more serious discussion. Season pass RFID to open it???? Limiting the liability of inexperienced skiers getting lost or hurt, or tracking out pristine pow before us "regulars" get our fill!!! is the bottom line here. The "out of boundary" sign is probably the easiest. The "You're on your own out there" type of sing might turn back the faint of heart as well.