Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen Skis

locks

Lately my wife likes to sleep in on Sundays and then walk down from the condo to the resort. The kicker is that she has me carry her gear up and leave it on the racks, which I don't mind doing being the good husband. But, I did invest in one of those new ski locks for the aluminum racks. Works great and I feel much better that some dick won't lift her boards or poles. Most times it's just a dumb mistake, but then you get some bus-riding kid who decides to up his quiver.

Call me paranoid, but I also lock my bag to the racks with a ski lock. There's not much worth stealing except my spinach salad for lunch and some raman noodles for my kid, but if they go it'll cost me $30 bucks for us to each lunch at the bush....

A couple cheap locks keeps the retards (oops did I use the R word) from nicking your kit.

Checked with GS. We have had a total of 8 reports of stolen skis at both mountains this winter. A bit more than normal. Most reports in past years have turned into mistaken ski pick-ups and then returns. However, we have asked Security to step up their vigilence. Reporting missing skis immediately does allow us to alert our staff and keep a look out in the parking lot.

You might want to check EBay, Craig's List etc a few years ago a couple of teens were caught with stolen ski's after they posted a set of skis they lifted on EBay and the original owner saw them while looking to purchase a replacement set.

I've been checking daily as well as another site I found. They're gone though I'm sure.

As for time-wise I let GS know as soon as I figured it out. Perhaps on days when there are 4-5 buses protocol might be if lost or stolen skis are reported if the bus hasn't left yet someone from GS checks the cargo holds. If they have left perhaps they could notify the bus company and the driver or tour organizer can check when they stop and unload. Just a thought.

a but that would be bus person profiling. Can't have that type of profiling going on. LMAO just see what happens in East Haven CT. The mayor is eating tacos for dinner and officers getting arrested even though crime went down. GEEZ!!! and my wife is Puerto Rican and will tell you to bust the dump hispanic slugs causing the problems in East Haven.

Sorry about the loss. Our family was just at SB and I'm happy to see they now have the new ski rack lock system that has been in use in Ontario, Canada for many years. Since we have these locks, we used them each time we are away from our skis. Otherwise we split the skis up. I'm very surprised how many folks leave unlocked brand new skis paired together!

Note to Win,
    Can you place the new lock racks in front of the CR Pub?

Ski-check

Other ski areas with large crowds now have a ski-check, where mountain employees manage a fenced-in ski-corral, and issues tickets (like a coat-check) for skis & boards. Some places it's free, others cost a few dollars for the day. Either way it's good for peace of mind-- just sad to hear that ski theft is on the rise in the MRV.