Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Someone one told me that its legal to pass on a double yellow on Vt secondary roads. Something about farm machinery. No idea if its true or not but thats good enough for me on 12A!

By the time I hit the VT border on 89, I'm doing 90+ I have tried exit 4 and always seem to get stck behind a Silver Jeep going 60. Thus, I have found exit 5 to be the fastest route to the Mtn. The only time I stay clear on exit 5 is during mud season.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by MntMan4Bush View Post
    After 5 PM in the CRP there is a sharp decline in the ability to translate my speak unless you are Captain Morgan himself or at the very least his second cousin Boatswain Johnson.

Yes 4 is completely open, but if you see a silver Jeep Cherokee come up on you fast please be kind and pull to the side to let me pass, specially once you get on the Gap Road. I'd do it for you. No one wants to be stuck behind the Grand Marshal of the Rose Bowl Parade.

FWIW times out Exit 4 vs 5 with almost no traffic on 4 and it was maybe 3 or 4 minutes faster. It just helps break up the highway driving a bit more. Exit 3 just feels longer no matter what you tell me.
    I completely agree, proper etiquette is to pull over to the side and let faster travelers pass. You are welcome to drive whatever speed you feel comfortable, just don't force the rest of us to drive slow and nervous like you.

Moreover, exit three is definitely longer and very windy, littered with speed traps, moose all over the place and should not be used by anyone to get to or from Sugarbush!!!!! Definitely take exit 4 or 5. Without a doubt they are the fastest. I hear that after Irene reconstruction, exit 9 is a super short cut and everyone should take that as the fastest and safest route to the mountain! ;-P

Silver cherokee....OK, now I got it. Yup, you haul Dude! It makes me proud to not have to wait behind you for a chance to pass!

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    BI have tried exit 4 and always seem to get stck behind a Silver Jeep going 60.
    Nicely done.

Passing on a double-yellow is definitely legal in Vermont. The local Wash Cty sheriff confirmed that to me personally and it is in the VT driver's code book. As to which is fastest route to points south, we always found exit 4 to be the fastest, but only slightly. My brother-in-law commutes to Dartmouth from Warren daily and this is his route too. It also uses less gas than either exits 9 or 5. There is only 5 minute's difference between the 4 options anyway and road conditions and final destination in the MRV dictate which is the best on the day.

My personal rule has been to obey town speed limits, within 5 mph, but go for it on the country roads or highways. In town is where the forces patrol most often, and also where excessive speed will most likely hurt or offend someone else.

Exit 3 is one of the prettiest drives if you are not in a big hurry, and the businesses in Granville, Hancock, and Rochester could use your support. They were closed, almost inaccessible, by Irene for many weeks. Great places to eat are: the Huntington House, The Porch, Sandy's Books and Bakery, the Rochester Cafe, and the new Granville General Store for snack stuff and supplies. All mom and pop places and all hoping for support and patronage from Sugarbush and MRG visitors. Share the love.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    I completely agree, proper etiquette is to pull over to the side and let faster travelers pass. You are welcome to drive whatever speed you feel comfortable, just don't force the rest of us to drive slow and nervous like you.

Moreover, exit three is definitely longer and very windy, littered with speed traps, moose all over the place and should not be used by anyone to get to or from Sugarbush!!!!! Definitely take exit 4 or 5. Without a doubt they are the fastest. I hear that after Irene reconstruction, exit 9 is a super short cut and everyone should take that as the fastest and safest route to the mountain! ;-P

Silver cherokee....OK, now I got it. Yup, you haul Dude! It makes me proud to not have to wait behind you for a chance to pass!
    Moose? where?

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Moose? where?
    hahaha
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    hahaha
    everyone is easily amused with snow on the ground. some of the threads from mid december were scary and should be analyzed by a psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    everyone is easily amused with snow on the ground. some of the threads from mid december were scary and should be analyzed by a psychiatrist.
    Dr. Sigmund Snow would have got a lot of billable couch hours if he was a pass holder.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I think you are right. Wow you understand MtnMan speak. Good. I could use you in the Castlerock at around 5pm as a translator. That is when it get real hard to understand.
    MtnMan Speak is easy. I work with a lot of Indians. Now that is a challenge. In order to understand the MtnMan speak you need to level the playing field and drink a few extra cocktails. It reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter goes to Ireland to meet his Dad. That is funny stuff!!

I totally understood Mtnman's reply. Works for me. Thanks for the info.