Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Your expectations are low.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Your expectations are low.
    You're spoiled.

Not from this year. Scraped around the woods a bit for variety today. Yay!!!!! Low angle was managable.

Alright, not having a pass this year has been mis and good fortune. I finally made it up for Saturday skiing at the Bush, and had an excellent day. I have been to Mt. snow day tripping from CT and what a difference. I was tired after one run on Jester compared to a day of skiing at Mt. Snow, not really, but WOW the Bush is so more intense and BETTER trail wise. I found my regular hidden stashes and had an early awesome run thru Eden. The low pitch woods are definitely in play if you take it easy. I made numerous fresh tracks on Saturday. Keep Dancing hoping to get a full Month of March in skiing.

Weekend was tremendous. Enough said........... So they got 2-4" more last night and they are forecasting another 6+" for tomorrow night. Looks like Thursday will be another dandy? After that the weekend looks like a crap shoot. Hopefully it will be a net gain for you guys.

I however will be chasing the snow out to Whistler for a week with my awesome and beautiful ski buddy. I think a little pow retreat for the two of us will improve my attitude greatly. Best of luck and leave me some goods for my return.

2/29

just a quick note for people looking for an update... was only out very briefly at LP. Conditions overall seemed to be holding up well. snow was a little bit grippier as temps warmed up. Overall pretty nice and more typical of what most would expect for a nice Feb. day.. 7 out of 10

note: 1/10=rain, ice and bare spots 5.5/10=average 10/10=2+ feet of fresh,bluebird and 89 closed.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by beelze View Post
    just a quick note for people looking for an update... was only out very briefly at LP. Conditions overall seemed to be holding up well. snow was a little bit grippier as temps warmed up. Overall pretty nice and more typical of what most would expect for a nice Feb. day.. 7 out of 10

note: 1/10=rain, ice and bare spots 5.5/10=average 10/10=2+ feet of fresh,bluebird and 89 closed.
    Nice/interesting rating scale.
    Thanks for the update. Will make my 2 pm phone conference more tolerable.

Was there any unfrozen precip on the mtn today (Saturday)? Or did we dodge the bullet?
    Last edited by RopeTow; 03-03-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Dodged a major bullet.. A brief period of misty ncp. SOme wind holds but otherwise a great spring day. Heard south of here gitc drenched.
    Last edited by HowieT2; 03-03-2012 at 04:58 PM.

3/12

Lincoln Peak. The key word for the day is probably wax. While slush (black) wax may help you on the last 100 yards to the Bravo, yellow better choice as rest of snow is sticky but not corn. Would be nice if mtn. ops could minimize the upward parts of the traverse over to upper snowball/steins. On the whole, conditions were good, 6/10. I did not do steins or spills but did see a number of people there. Ripcord was riding nicely. Spring Fling a little changable between sun/shade and traffic patters. Right side smoother.

Was somewhat concerned by use of greeters/ambassadors to scan passes....have to wonder if mgt is not expecting to make it much past this week or if this was an abberation.

Quote Originally Posted by beelze View Post
    Lincoln Peak. The key word for the day is probably wax. While slush (black) wax may help you on the last 100 yards to the Bravo, yellow better choice as rest of snow is sticky but not corn. Would be nice if mtn. ops could minimize the upward parts of the traverse over to upper snowball/steins. On the whole, conditions were good, 6/10. I did not do steins or spills but did see a number of people there. Ripcord was riding nicely. Spring Fling a little changable between sun/shade and traffic patters. Right side smoother.

Was somewhat concerned by use of greeters/ambassadors to scan passes....have to wonder if mgt is not expecting to make it much past this week or if this was an abberation.
    A little clarification please. Greeters/ambassadors scanning passes,...where? In the lift line or where the greeters usually stand on the walkway by timbers and the schoolhouse?

Thanks for the update too. Hows the cover?

they have been using ambassadors to scan passes at the Bravo chair the past two days (older people in blue jackets, right?). I saw one regular employee there in standard green sugarbush attire as I left around 2pm. Didn't do anything off Gatehouse so no idea over there.

We lost a little cover overnight, I think mostly from the temps as the only rain was for about 10 or 15 minutes around 11am and was light. Most of LP was in the shade from clouds today with some sun after 2pm, mostly towards spring fling/snowball. Usual suspects going first - castle rock , a few bits on murphy's. Chance of some wet snow tomorrow night but temps look to be in the high 50's to mid 60s in the valley through at least mid week next. I'm guessing by next week we'll be down to spring fling, steins, ripcord, upper organ grinder if these temps (ignoring any chance of rain) hold. Will try for ME tomorrow or thurs and will bring camera.

Thanks for the update.
    I'm thinking that mid next week it gets cold again and March goes out like a raging lion and pukes 34" of spring delight.
    That's right, we have spirit yes, we do, we've got spirit, how 'bout you?
    Of course I could just tie one on and start insulting Ullr in the most inappropriate way, just to piss him off. Like he has the ability or the guts to dump on me during my week vacation! I triple dog dare you Ullr! Triple dog! You can't not take a triple dog dare!!!!
    No snow tires Ullr! Can't even find my snow shovel!!!

3/14 mt ellen

brief visit. panorama off summit was a bit sketchy but once off that snow was generally firm but a little corn like. rim run was quite fast. I am saving my bum leg for Steins (if I'm gonna re-injure than I want it on something worthwhile!) so skipped Looking good and Elbow. Quite a few doing LG and bumps were numerous but generally low and snow looked soft. Inquire on Elbow was that bumps were varied in size and softness. Does not appear anything up top other than rim run has been groomed in recent times.
    I did take some photos and if I can figure out how to upload will do. Brambles looks pretty well shot. Cliffs beginning to have challenges.

And as I am his faithful servant, Ullr did show himself to me!

forgot the pic upload

attached a few shots from Wed. Was not that much different at ME yesterday but we had a heavy rain shower roll through around midnight last night and have some more rain now though looks not to be an all day affair, or at least not a very heavy one.

Included what will hopefully not be the last images of new snow!
    Attached Images Attached Images