Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReefBum View Post
    Any more reports on the natural snow trails? Interested to hear how things were impacted by the mid-week warm up and subsequent cool down.
    I know you don;t want to hear about Tuesday (the day before the rain) .. as it was awesome .. I think todays facebook page pic says it all about current conditions .. note
    no loose snow around skier's skis ...

Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah....some boilerplate for sure today on the natural terrain.

Win .. what are the plans to make this weekend's skiing "special" ?
    Your team did a GREAT job last Saturday with the snowmaking on Steins and Spring fling (they were awesome .. lapped them most of the day).
    Maybe Stein's and Ripcord this sat ??

thanks

Bring your edges and your layers this weekend. Nice day today with very fast conditions. Ski safely, everyone.

Some nice corn today on Castlerock Run and Sleeper. And everything off of North Lynx skied very well. Key was to follow the sun. Top of Twist was actually nice this AM.

With the temps dropping this weekend things will definitely be firmer so hopefully mother nature will help out a bit.
    Last edited by ReefBum; 02-10-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Saturday was a tough day .. some reasonable conditions could be found .. but some really scary, icy and dangerous stuff as well. Two more deaths (Jay and Mt Snow) and a quote from ski patrol "we have been very busy" highlight the fact that everyone needs to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallaboutpow View Post
    Saturday was a tough day .. some reasonable conditions could be found .. but some really scary, icy and dangerous stuff as well. Two more deaths (Jay and Mt Snow) and a quote from ski patrol "we have been very busy" highlight the fact that everyone needs to be careful.
    Agreed. The woods were firm but edge able. Had a couple nice runs on ripcord, jester and birch. But my last run on birch I caught an edge and took a major tumble. No ill effects but that was it for me and taking today off as well.

Hoping we get some love at the end of the week.

First, let me commend the MT on continuing to make the winter of 2011-12freeze-thaw cycled snow work as best as possible yesterday morning.

Second, let me say that it is definitely a bit scary out there with speeding out of control skiers and riders all over the place seemingly out of control. Maybe, the ski patrol (& the ski instructors as well) need to slow some folks down; especially when one considers that 100% open does not extrapolate into safe conditions for all skiers.

Maybe I am still trying to overcome my BC 6 days of soft snow conditions, but I was spent the entire day yesterday looking behind and beside me worrying about a bunch of seriously out of control skiers and riders. Maybe the ski patrol needs to be a bit more proactive instead of reactive. I was told yesterday that there were an extraordinary amount of injuries last Weekend although this has not yet been re confirmed. Be careful out there.

No doubt at all that we and the rest of ski country inUSA need more snow,but if it does not come soon my dayS on the slopes in the balance of 11-12 ski season may diminish dramatically as there are better challenges out there during the rest of 2012 besides frozen granular, granular & ice. I hope that my ski season does not move to golf season before I get my full ride of snow!

PS. My ski reports if I were a ski reporter for Sugarbush would be a bit more realistic than the reports that are being promulgated on the SB website. Some time when I read the MT ski report I feel like I am at Killington instead of SB. Sorry to make this comment, but 100% open & blue bird skis do not necessarily equal great safe skiing..

Snow.....Snow....Snow........
    Last edited by gostan; 02-12-2012 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Additional comment
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

February conditions?

At least , chronologically. Yesterday was very sweet. All groomers pleasant with milder temps and sun. Paradise was a nice surprise. Amazing what a few inches of fresh can do. Also tested some low pitch , north-facing woods. Happy girl. Now if the week's forecast stays snow for the Mt. we should have a nice weekend. Keep dancing,people! ; }

I guess I will follow Skiladi and continue with February conditions in this post. I went on the snow report just now and noticed they were saying that three inches fell at mid mountain. I then went to the web cam and noticed no snow on a roof or walkway. Can anyone fill us in that was skiing today? I do not care if it snows at all at the base - I do care about further up! That was I save on plowing, I do not need to shovel and the skiing is good!

Yes, We had 3" mid-mountain up, but if we got anything at the base it was gone by morning with temps above freezing. Skiing today was excellent and that is no exaggeration. Even some nice woods.

Smile

Conditions these past few days have been really good. The groomers are doing one heck of a job. The soft snow made for some great turns on some trails that weren't groomed, including Sunrise. Wish I was able to get a ride on a groomed Upper OG today.

As a side note...

While listening to the radio today, I heard a region-wide snow report which stated the various mileage of terrain that resorts in VT and NH are offering. Killington only has 45 miles of terrain open. Sugarbush has 53 miles!!! I think that's pretty good - that we have more terrain open than the "so-called" beast. In reality, it doesn't come down to the number of trails, but rather the mileage. And we got it, some come n' get it soon!

AND KEEP THINKING SNOW!!!!!

Shadyjay .. groomers .. what .. itsallaboutpow .. and there was plenty of that .. all of this was off of SuperBravo today

Now I know who that was. I'm going to be extra early next time.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Today was good, borderline great. Skied north lynx in the morning. Sunrise was groomed and the snow was great. Went over to Mellon. Powder on the groomers and the woods were super fun. Returned and did north lynx again. Birch run still had powder to rip. granulated sugar on sleeper.