Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    That was so funny.

Jason made great pizza for years in the gh. fed my son more than i did.

The snow was nice today. Had a blast bombing sleeper.

I dont want to jinx us but things are looking up for next weekend. Keep dancing

The food at the crp is great. Much better than pine tree. Wings are burgers are top notch.

+1 on the pizza at pizza soul. And it's sooo convenient if you're in the village. If you go often, talk to Jason about a frequent pizza card. Buy 9 get the 10th free kind of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Mtn man,... That was one of your best posts evah! Tanks for the chuckle.
    I lived in the Valley almost a year before I realized that The City and The Island didn't mean Burlington and Grand Isle. No lie.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I have only had good experiences at Terra Rosa. Used to enjoy Peter Lugers too. But we take credit cards at Timbers and charge "a bit" less. There actually are a number of good places to eat around the Valley and the more everyone supports all of them that deliver good food and good service the better everything will get here. Your constructive comments are valuable, so keep it up. I always appreciate receiving direct feedback (wsmith@sugarbush.com) and I am sure all the other restaurant owner do as well.

Terra Rosso: 5 of us hit TR last Friday evening about 7:30 and found the place pretty packed as they had just sat a party of 20+. Good food, decent portions and good service made this a place that we will return to. Expect to pay $20-$30 per person unless opting for the tasty thin pizza.

Common Man: I dropped in a few weeks ago and had a nice martini and an even nicer tasting delicious steak dinner at the bar. Expensive, but this has always been a place that I have enjoyed over the years, and, this definitely holds true under the new owners.

The Den: Buger..Burger...Burger. The old Den used to be packed to the rafters with families, couples and singles. I feel bad for the locals working here because the parking lot is pretty empty every time I drive by. A revamp of the menu with more specials is necessary to bring folks back to this Waitsfield eatery.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Terra Rosso: 5 of us hit TR last Friday evening about 7:30 and found the place pretty packed as they had just sat a party of 20+. Good food, decent portions and good service made this a place that we will return to. Expect to pay $20-$30 per person unless opting for the tasty thin pizza.

Common Man: I dropped in a few weeks ago and had a nice martini and an even nicer tasting delicious steak dinner at the bar. Expensive, but this has always been a place that I have enjoyed over the years, and, this definitely holds true under the new owners.

The Den: Buger..Burger...Burger. The old Den used to be packed to the rafters with families, couples and singles. I feel bad for the locals working here because the parking lot is pretty empty every time I drive by. A revamp of the menu with more specials is necessary to bring folks back to this Waitsfield eatery.
    I've tried to keep my posts here positive or at least constructive (see my Village Double thread!) but I can't say anything positive about the Den. I've been thrice to Ake's. Once for lunch it was pretty good. I had a turkey wrap thing.

The second and third times for dinner they barely wanted to seat or look at my party. Why? I don't know. We were just there to hand them money for burgers and beer. Both times, the only hot sauce was tabasco and they only have yellow mustard.

That's just inexcusable. Yellow Mustard? YELLOW MUSTARD? Only one restaurant would dare give me yellow mustard.

Seriously though. lame service. bad condiments. There are too many places to be serving up a second tier burger, and they should try harder.

VILLAGE DOUBLE
    VILLAGE DOUBLE
    VILLAGE DOUBLE
    VILLAGE DOUBLE
    VILLAGE DOUBLE

Agree with everyone's responses. Great Thread. I am surprised more people haven't commented about "Mint" on Bridge Street. I know vegetarian food isn't wildly popular, and I am definitely a big meat eater, but honestly, the food here is ridiculously good - a refreshing change of pace; and for those that are afraid that they wont get enough protein - the 'bowls' with the rice, tempeh, beans, and salsa is major awesome. People, give it a try - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.... oh, and the desserts are insane (in a good way)

Mint got knock out in the flood. I think they only got back up recently. Noski?????
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by TRWstock View Post
    Agree with everyone's responses. Great Thread. I am surprised more people haven't commented about "Mint" on Bridge Street. I know vegetarian food isn't wildly popular, and I am definitely a big meat eater, but honestly, the food here is ridiculously good - a refreshing change of pace; and for those that are afraid that they wont get enough protein - the 'bowls' with the rice, tempeh, beans, and salsa is major awesome. People, give it a try - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.... oh, and the desserts are insane (in a good way)
    this, this this. Yes, just reopened on 12/29 and the space looks great, much better flow (no pun, of course). They serve Lunch Weds-Sun and Dinner Fri-Sun. Go - they really need us right now.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Thanks for the suggestion to check out Tracks.

I put first tracks over the Roxbury gap and made it at 5 to 9pm yesterday. The atmosphere was great if a hair bright. No real complaints at all though. The space was clean and polished, and the food and drinks didn't disappoint at all. It isn't cheap, but I'm glad to have another option driving up. Actually, to say that the burger didn't disappoint might be an understatement. It's actually a terrific piece of meat, grass fed Niman beef. Really herby, full of flavor. Lawsons and more on tap. I'm going back to the Common Man tonight though, too good to stay away especially with a friends birthday to celebrate.

I made it to Pizza Soul the other night. Grade: B++

Decent value, not a long wait. I grade pizza on a pretty tough scale, but it was enjoyable and I would definitely order again.

Common Man Take 2: Grade A

Michelle was a great server, and the wine was just as appealing. Nice dishes all around. We had duck breast, chicken, and a pork chop present. I particularly liked the Sea Bass, but the beef carpaccio app was another standout. This meal wasn't cheap but it made a birthday dinner very special. They might have overcharged my card ("complicated" math, and the bill was split three ways). I'll have to call them about that and point them to these reviews or commence a boycott. Kidding, of course.

still up for 11-12 re-reviews:

Timbers
    Purple Moon
    Terra Rosa
    Local Folk
    Slide Brook
    Pitcher Inn (proper)
    Mutha Stuffas

Mutha Stuffas A+ - get the Baba, Dino has the same deal as Pizza Soul. Your 10th sandwich is free.

What's wrong with yellow mustard?