Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hawk, so they dropped the rope on spills, rip, domino and others? that is amazing news...not sure why the SB marketing team didnt file a snow report this evening spreading the good word.

Ropes never came down,... Like he said, it was a poach fest. It was totally puking all afternoon,... Well over a foot on the ground and it is still coming down. My wife may have to watch the kids all morning tomorrow and I have a big "conference call" @ 730. Things have changed for sure,... All the bad juju is gone.

Given how radar is looking, I wouldn't be surprised if the early season natural faves like Spillsville, Domino, and upper Bravo are officially open tomorrow. Maybe even Paradise if it keeps coming. The season has officially started.

For those who venture into the woods, be advised of the following, from the Sugarbush Off-Trail Policy, located at http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails...-Trail-Policy:

Enter and exit only from marked open trails. You should be an expert skier/snowboarder. Do not ski/ride alone. Unmarked obstacles exist throughout.” “Caution: If you ski/ride in areas other than open and designated trails, you are voluntarily accepting additional responsibility for injury or death. When you enter areas between or outside designated trails, you have entered the unknown. These areas are not maintained or patrolled. You are assuming risks that may include getting lost or suffering other harm or injury.”
    Also, I would recommend not skiing/riding any closed terrain. There is NO base on most of that terrain, and in fact most of it was bare ground just over 24 hours ago. It may look good on the top but the base just isn't there yet. Believe me, we are all anxious to ski/ride on additional terrain. It'll come.

Be safe out there, and have fun!

Just a little friendly advice from your lifty (and now snowmaker) friend!

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW

10 to 12 new in driveway @ 6:45pm

Still dumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post
    10 to 12 new in driveway @ 6:45pm

Still dumping.
    This.
    Just got a call for 18 stranded people not able to make it up Ctr Fayston Rd. Should have trucked them up in groups of 4... But referred them to a local inn.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Radar still showing deep green returns (generally indicative of snowfall rates >=1" per hr) with moisture constantly backfilling on the edge of the radar range into the St. Lawrence valley. Also, this is the type of system where you'd expect to see a pretty significant gradient in accumulations between the top of the Green Mtn spine and places East. If there's 10-12" in Treeskier's driveway at 6:45 PM, that likely means closer to 14-18" in the upper elevations.

With no end in sight per radar, I shudder to think what that means by first chair tomorrow. Keep in mind that this is real blower stuff, and the wind will move it around pretty good, so settling and wind deposition will make it look a lot thinner in spots.....but then again a lot deeper than others. With the prevailing NW winds, me thinks Paradise could be the call tomorrow if they drop the rope.

Edit: As at 8:15, radar indicating the party has maybe 30-45 minutes left. Still should be pretty fun and an unexpected surprise come tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Tin Woodsman; 12-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    For those who venture into the woods, be advised of the following, from the Sugarbush Off-Trail Policy, located at http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails...-Trail-Policy:

Also, I would recommend not skiing/riding any closed terrain. There is NO base on most of that terrain, and in fact most of it was bare ground just over 24 hours ago. It may look good on the top but the base just isn't there yet. Believe me, we are all anxious to ski/ride on additional terrain. It'll come.

Be safe out there, and have fun!

Just a little friendly advice from your lifty (and now snowmaker) friend!

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
    Yeah yeah yeah....seriously, is there any terrain we can reasonably expect to open tomorrow morning?

Facebook page says patrol was bootpacking today on some trails.

Nothing confirmed, but footpacking by Patrol was happening and things are filling in fast.

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay View Post
    Facebook page says patrol was bootpacking today on some trails.
    On past practice, that almost certainly means Spillsville will open tomorrow - they've done that pretty often on that trail. Not sure of others - maybe upper Bravo above the headwall? Dare we hope for Black Diamond?

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    I was stunned at how much more snow is at the top of Ctr. Fayston Rd than was in the Valley. You guys are going to ski yourselves silly tomorrow...
    Skiing? Who's skiing? We're going to Ben & Jerry's tomorrow morning.

Mad River threatening to open tomorrow.

Please post some pics of the new on MT snow for those of us who are still in the non-white covered lowlands.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Please post some pics of the new on MT snow for those of us who are still in the non-white covered lowlands.
    GoStan, check the webcams for all the best shots (except face shots, of course!).... www.madrivervalley.com/webcam

Cheers, all!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Susan, thx, but we really need some webcams higher up on the slopes (like top of Allyn's Lodge). An investment in those would definitely help to bring new visitors to MRV. Not looking to see face shots, just trail coverage & "ya hoos"!
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"