Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Whatever that is......(orographic)........sounds good for the MT.....but are the children allowed to ski in that snow?
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Stan, orographic snow events are family friendly. Often in VT, as a storm departs the region residual moisture from the St Lawrence and Champlain Valley is pushed up the Green Mtn spine dumping out a few extra inches...or more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orographic_lift

what's it doing on the mtn? from the webcam looks like its still snowing or some kind of a mix at the base. should be all snow up top.

Unfortunately, per NWS radar out of BTV, this looks mostly confined to north of 89. Keep dancing, folks.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?r...01111&loop=yes

Radar schmadar ... it has been snowing all day up here.

John

Snowed all day and Grinder was better after lunch than before. Upper mtn was awesome. A little sticky down low. 15 so far and best day of the year, hands down.

Started the day at LP and finished at North, which had some nice light snow. Great day all around.

sweet.... appreciate the first hand reporting.

Not sure if I can agree with ducky .. I thought Orgingrinder was fairly nasty .. having said that .. there was some fun to be had .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lmL...ature=youtu.be

Got in at 9. 3-4" on the deck and snowing lightly. Bigger flakes now. Snow otg is dense. Scenary is picturesque.

Tomorrow should be nice before the football game. Go giants.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Got in at 9. 3-4" on the deck and snowing lightly. Bigger flakes now. Snow otg is dense. Scenary is picturesque.

Tomorrow should be nice before the football game. Go giants.
    There is/was a little bit more at top of MT yesterday. Today should be very good skiing and lots of Saturday football. Get out early. Giants v Jets on Fox @ 1 and Pats v. Dolphins on CBS @ 1. Only thing better would be a snowstorm in MRV @1.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by itsallaboutpow View Post
    Not sure if I can agree with ducky .. I thought Orgingrinder was fairly nasty .. having said that .. there was some fun to be had .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3lmL...ature=youtu.be
    Nice turns dude. Nice to see someone that likes to turn instead of those GS turns all the time.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Giants won...sweet. Pats too.

What's the good word from today on the slopes; scratchy?

Looks like lower grinder opens tomorrow to provide some fresh manmade pow and top 2 bottom for mt ellen on Monday.

Dear lord, I'm only asking for one little minor christmas miracle this evening; that the Tuesday storm is an all snow event...of the 6 to 8 inch variety. Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy View Post
    Giants won...sweet. Pats too.

What's the good word from today on the slopes; scratchy?

Looks like lower grinder opens tomorrow to provide some fresh manmade pow and top 2 bottom for mt ellen on Monday.

Dear lord, I'm only asking for one little minor christmas miracle this evening; that the Tuesday storm is an all snow event...of the 6 to 8 inch variety. Amen.
    It was very good at lp when i skied in the morning. Except downspout, although that was more of a lighting issue than the snow surface. Didnt do grinder for various reasons.

I loosened some fillings on OG.