Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The guns are going now on Spring Fling and it appears that snow is being made on Snowball.

I do have to say that lower Grinder and Jester were a lot of fun today with all the whales and powder from the guns.
    Last edited by ReefBum; 12-25-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBum View Post
    The guns are going now on Spring Fling and it appears that snow is being made on Snowball.

I do have to say that lower Grinder and Jester were a lot of fun today with all the whales and powder from the guns.
    Any "powder" from the sky today .. Stowe says they got 5"

Quote Originally Posted by itsallaboutpow View Post
    Any "powder" from the sky today .. Stowe says they got 5"
    My guess is that we had a couple of inches today.

If we don't have to resurface any areas where we have already made snow, we plan to start making snow tomorrow on Allyn's Traverse, Snowball and Spring FLing once temperatures drop. We are setting up on Murphy's Glades as well to get there when we can. Over at ME, I think we will have to do some more work on Cruiser and around the Northridge chair and Crackerjack after tonight. Then we will see where it makes most sense to go.

Thanks Win.

Hoping to have Valley House going tomorrow and skiing on Snowball, Spring Fling and maybe the others over there.

Great news on Valley House. It was also great to see all the ropes come down elsewhere on the mtn today. Maybe that New Year's day storm in the forecast will mirror the last one but with less rain...but the same amount of snow.

We were covering VHT->Snowball->Spring Fling today ... we made lots of snow today. When it opens, be sure to keep up your speed to get across the traverse. I bet Moonshine will be pretty sweet, too. The rest of my crew was tending to the guns over on Murphy's and on Easy Rider.

Amazing what one snow can do to our spirits. And we currently have the highest open trail count in Vermont. Of course that includes hiking-only access to Castlerock.

Should be back into snowmaking late tomorrow night. We are going to focus on getting Hot Shot and Sleeper done. We need to go back to Upper Snowballl and then we will decide whether to go up to Ripcord or Birdland or Lower Snowball. Depends on the temps. At ME we will be focusing on Riemergasse to try to get the Park open ASAP. Elbow and FIS if we can only make up high. Northstar when the temps are good down low.

On sunday it looked like you had the guns and hoses ready on Inverness as well which surprised me....but then again, perhaps it could use another round of base building before moving on.

I skied saturday and sunday and thought the soft conditions were great. Anyone sitting on the sidelines at home (which is easy to do living in lower NE where its hardly been Nov weather) should get out this weekend if the cold weather holds all week. There is more snow in northern vt than u think.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy View Post
    On sunday it looked like you had the guns and hoses ready on Inverness as well which surprised me....but then again, perhaps it could use another round of base building before moving on.

I skied saturday and sunday and thought the soft conditions were great. Anyone sitting on the sidelines at home (which is easy to do living in lower NE where its hardly been Nov weather) should get out this weekend if the cold weather holds all week. There is more snow in northern vt than u think.
    No there isnt. 'nothing to see here. Move along.

Soft rocks...was all my skis found.....
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Yep, I skied those soft rocks, soft moss, hard rocks, pebbles, wet grass, twigs, sticks and logs too. They all ski much better than I ever imagined. I appreciate that Win lets us test the limits of our equipment...which has proven more robust than I had ever realized. I thought the trails where they had made snow skiied pretty well; snowball/spring fling, lower grinder, downspout at south and cruiser and inverness at north.

If you ski 20+ days a year, yeah it sux out there, but if you ski less than 20, then I wouldnt wait any longer for winter to come to get your turns in. Its actually better than you think out there provided you set the bar on the lower side of expectations. Just my two cents...
    Last edited by random_ski_guy; 01-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Looks like they shutdown snowmaking on the upper mtn for Ripcord and Downspout.....too windy perhaps? or perhaps they are rotating over to hit Snowball. Glad to see natural snow flying in the webcam.

Pretty sure the reasoning behind that was to concentrate all firepower/manpower on the Gate House side to get those trails ready, especially while the temps are this cold down low. I believe Birdland is also in the sights at some point soon, as is Ripcord and perhaps Lower Snowball area.