Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hot Shot and Sleeper are finished and there was some fun skiing and riding on them today. Will be groomed out for the weekend, so get on them tomorrow to have some fun on some nice soft snowmade powder.

Call me wacky, but I love fresh manmade snow. Sugarbush should ski well this weekend....at least as well as any weekend this season.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy View Post
    Call me wacky, but I love fresh manmade snow. Sugarbush should ski well this weekend....at least as well as any weekend this season.
    Considering the warm weather, the Mountain has done a pretty good job setting up our weekends of skiing this winter. But, I am disappointed to say that my best weekend of the season so far was Thanksgiving weekend. 3 trails open, no crowds & big spring like soft bumps on Downspout.

But, when I consider that it will be 46 degrees today in Boston; 41 degrees (?) @ SB tomorrow & that this is on a January opening weekend (talking about weekends) for the PGA golf tour with Tournament of Champions in Kapalua, Hawaii.....I can only fully concur with random ski guy....I love manmade snow...make more....keep making it.............
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Hopefully the forecasted Mix will not impact the slopes. I am blowing out of here soon. I can't work today. See you all up there. My snowmaking perception will be tainted. I spent 3 days over New Years at SR and man did they pile on the man made. Some of the best I have ever seen.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Skied Saturday and Sunday. Tale of two seasons. Saturday was spring like, with generally soft snow (excluding upper organgrinder). Had a blast on Springs Fling, lower organgrinder, murphy's, sleeper, waterfall. Sunday was winter-like, with firm but edgeable snow. A little bit of everything out there. I think the groomers did a great job. Sleeper, Waterfall, most of organgrinder were much better than I feared they would be after the freeze. The bumps on birdland and lower organgrinder were bullet proof but skiable. Blowing snow on Ripcord and Organgrinder made these fun and challenging. Visibility was an issue but it was great to ski in some snow. A little help from mother nature throughout the day made if look nice. Hoping this week stays cold enough and mother nature finally does her part.

Things are looking better. Still blowing tonight on Ripcord, Upper Organgrinder and Snowball and maybe Birdland. Will hope to come off Organgrinder and touch up around the mountain. Forecast is now looking more favorable. Keep your fingers crossed. For those of you waiting for the Terrain Park at ME you time is near.

Thx Win. Whats next, Steins, north lynx?
    Forecasts today are markedly better for thursday. Keep dancing.

Organgrinder today was "velvety".... really sweet and soft. Ripcord had poor visibility at the top, but it was a lot of fun from where the trail splits (by bottom of Spills), down. Some really nice snow is being made.