Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: earned turns

How about selling a skinners pass. Allow skinners to climb the mtn during non lift hours. Maybe it is just not worth it for the possibility of incidents with snow making and grooming equipment?

Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann View Post
    I have not looked into but I wonder if the mountain can prohibit you from skinning up on national forest land. Now, SV owns land at Mt. Ellen but I think that if you enter from national forest land and remain on national forest land then you can do as you please. To be sure, you would need to see the lease agreement with the US National Forest Service and see if it allows public access or allows the mountain to prevent it. You could probably ask at the local National Forest office.

Either way, be careful and respect the property rights of individual land owners.
    I was told that their lease agreement prohibits anyone without a pass on the mountain at any time from the time they start snow making until they close. I am not sure if this is true BUT in support of that statement, here is a line that states: All trails are considered closed outside of normal operating hours or operating season.

Yet, there is a whole section about "Winter Uphill Trail Access " here http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails...ail-use-policy

This keeps popping up. The response is that if you ask the question they have to answer it and you are not going to like the answer. Stay in the shadows, be smart and have fun. Because if you either follow what they say or are conspicuous, you are going to get turned away leaving the goods to the people who know better like me!

As you were.......

Actually on second thought you should not go. They don't allow it. Sorry.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!