Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's like standing there in Paradise woods and then all of a sudden a skier skis by and right into a tree. True story.....he got up and said "who put that there" and then skied off. LOL
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I have not been up there yet to see the tower close up. Where exactly is the tower? Is it up in the woods above village run or is it on the maintenence road going from the corner of Village Run into Slidebrook?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Yee Haw.

Last edited by madhavok; 12-07-2011 at 10:26 AM.

wifi

I am not very tech savvy but I have used my laptop at Timbers and I just hit the icon at the bottom to search connections and it just connects me. No passwords or charges of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by skiladi View Post
    I am not very tech savvy but I have used my laptop at Timbers and I just hit the icon at the bottom to search connections and it just connects me. No passwords or charges of any sort.
    I think you're right IIRC. It's the gatehouse wifi network that has the annoying log in ritual.

Some pesky oil dependant Bald Eagle must have kamakazied right into that poor turbine.

Sorry to revive the thread but FYI...

ATT says they are scheduled to put their antenna on the tower in May 2012. Their service has been suffering since Verizon went live, though ok in the LP base area. Only one bar on lower Heaven's Gate chair, dropped calls on German Flats and 17, and minimal service at Mt Ellen base, GMX and North Ridge. Used to be all good there.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Sorry to revive the thread but FYI...

ATT says they are scheduled to put their antenna on the tower in May 2012. Their service has been suffering since Verizon went live, though ok in the LP base area. Only one bar on lower Heaven's Gate chair, dropped calls on German Flats and 17, and minimal service at Mt Ellen base, GMX and North Ridge. Used to be all good there.
    Any word on whether it's going to be 3G or 4g LTE???

Used to love the MRV when no cell phones worked! Understand the convenience and the ease of communication, but boy , it was a huge bonus to drive off I89 a d finally "be on vacation".
    Only thing worse that cell towers without branches ( at least those are green Win, like the lift towers) are wind towers,especially white ones.
    Noise,eye pollution,and limited returns on power.

Whatever happened to wilderness adventure with just the Motorolas!?

Skiing was really pretty good yesterday,both mountains were good once it softened up, and the fact that da 'Bush lets anyone willing to travel on natural snow trails is just great.

thanks for letting the skiers/riders make the choice ( and risk).
    This base will make a great b underpinning if we get the snow this week

I appreciate the enhanced cell coverage and look forward to more of it. I understand the romance of the cell phone "blackhole" for those looking to avoid work interference while in the MRV. However, now that cell service does so much more via the ipad, etc, I enjoy those benefits too. Plus, for me, being able to conduct a little work while on the mtn goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy View Post
    I appreciate the enhanced cell coverage and look forward to more of it. I understand the romance of the cell phone "blackhole" for those looking to avoid work interference while in the MRV. However, now that cell service does so much more via the ipad, etc, I enjoy those benefits too. Plus, for me, being able to conduct a little work while on the mtn goes a long way.
    Couldnt agree more. If it wasnt for cell service i'd be stuck in the office instead of taking a phone call while on the mtn.

Last season I was able to drive up from Boston on the spur of the early Friday morning moment and ski opening day at ME. If you recall we had about 8+ inches of fresh snow on top of all of the manmade stuff and it was a fabulous day of skiing. I had a business conference call planned for 11:30 & I would not have been able to ski without the ability to use my cell phone on the mountain by ducking into the lodge.

But, I will say that I do try to keep my cell phone usage to a real minimum by only taking essential calls. Most calls can wait, and there certainly appears to be an abundance of "where should we go for dinner" type calls on the lifts and elsewhere.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"