Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LP development

Wading further into the online development plan filings I see now that Building E is described as a 3 story structure with 13,500 sq ft of mixed use space on the 1st floor and 30 hotel/studio units at 700 sq ft each spread between the2nd and 3rd story.

Interesting. Has to be some more food retail.
    Wonder if they move the day care?
    Wonder what that means for the sugarbush inn?

Yeah, this flex space could be used to add food court space (perhaps light fare (like the sunrise cafe) and bring your own?) or maybe a place to add the daycare or both. In any event, it could be a nice space rounding out that corner and infilling the gap between the new rice brook housing and the base area.

All in all, its a pretty good design from Summit Ventures, it just needs the current length of the village chair to be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by random_ski_guy View Post
    Yeah, this flex space could be used to add food court space (perhaps light fare (like the sunrise cafe) and bring your own?) or maybe a place to add the daycare or both. In any event, it could be a nice space rounding out that corner and infilling the gap between the new rice brook housing and the base area.

All in all, its a pretty good design from Summit Ventures, it just needs the current length of the village chair to be maintained.
    I think the issue with the day care is not about indoor space, but rather outdoor space. I believe there's a VT state mandate regarding outdoor play area for daycares, and that couldn't be shoehorned into the Schoolhouse area, nor would you want to necessarily given how central to the base area that location is. I suspect the daycare will remain exactly where it is but, if there's a small place in the new development (maybe bldg E?) where you can walk to and boot up, that would enable you to avoid the double drop inconvenience.

Ultimately, this looks like a smart approach - build out the residential in a modular approach such that you can take each successive step as demand warrants. Much lower risk than Claybrook. If they can put a space in Bldg E that is large enough to replace VH, that would eventually enable them to bring a replacement VH lift down to the base, open that area up and maybe put a half-pipe somewhere there as a great showcase. I could see events and such with a natural place for the crowd just below. Won't happen for a while in light of the money they've put into the old girl to spruce her up recently, but I wouldn't be surprised 5-6 years down the road.

And BTW, if anyone hasn't clicked through to see the plans, look at the 2nd rendering attached above - that replacement lift for the VD double is truly tiny. That is really, really strange to effectively abandon most of a perfect teaching slope like Easy Rider.

I agree with you Tin with all of your points, particularly about the valley house lodge sticking around for another 5 years. Hopefully they will change their plans for the village chair and go back the to the current lifeline and length.

I saw renderings of revised plan of the devellpment which showed some tweakings to the parking by Sugarbush Village -- looks like more spaces in larger circular lot. looked like an improvement to me. Anyone attend the Town of Warren meeting or have any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann View Post
    I saw renderings of revised plan of the devellpment which showed some tweakings to the parking by Sugarbush Village -- looks like more spaces in larger circular lot. looked like an improvement to me. Anyone attend the Town of Warren meeting or have any updates?
    I heard there's a meeting about the village on 2/6. It might be best to fact-check to make sure.

Here was an interesting quote from that article in the Valley Reporter on construction being slated to start this Spring. Now we know why that Bldg E looked so large on the rendering.

"The total number of condo units for Rice Brook and buildings A, B, C and D is 64, according to Wade. Building E will be a mixed-use building that will include a 30-room hostel with a small conference center, a little retail, potential for a spa as well as a dining component, she said."

Anyway, with such a short, lousy season, I'd be shocked if they actually move forward with construction this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    Here was an interesting quote from that article in the Valley Reporter on construction being slated to start this Spring. Now we know why that Bldg E looked so large on the rendering.

"The total number of condo units for Rice Brook and buildings A, B, C and D is 64, according to Wade. Building E will be a mixed-use building that will include a 30-room hostel with a small conference center, a little retail, potential for a spa as well as a dining component, she said."

Anyway, with such a short, lousy season, I'd be shocked if they actually move forward with construction this off-season.
    It really depends upon how many pre-sales they have. Pre-sales can be phased in. No speculative type units will be constructed today due to financing covenants and common sense. And, no doubt, Buildings D & E will be constructed last. The real conundrum is that huge savings can be achieved by constructing the entire site work infrastructure at one time, but I seriously doubt that step will be taken.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    It really depends upon how many pre-sales they have. Pre-sales can be phased in. No speculative type units will be constructed today due to financing covenants and common sense. And, no doubt, Buildings D & E will be constructed last. The real conundrum is that huge savings can be achieved by constructing the entire site work infrastructure at one time, but I seriously doubt that step will be taken.
    Considering its 4/2 already, if it was happening this spring, we would have heard something.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Considering its 4/2 already, if it was happening this spring, we would have heard something.
    maybe, but we were still skiing on May 1 last year. And there are about 7.5 +/- months before 2012-13 ski season kicks into gear.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

We are still in the permitting phase and do not anticipate any problems in getting more local and Act 250 approval. One permits are received there is a 30 day appeal process. We have good interest but can't contract until we have final permits. We will begin whenever we feel we have sufficient contracts in hand.

Win, since the site is off to the side is it fair to say that construction could occur during ski season if need be? Just curious?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    We are still in the permitting phase and do not anticipate any problems in getting more local and Act 250 approval. One permits are received there is a 30 day appeal process. We have good interest but can't contract until we have final permits. We will begin whenever we feel we have sufficient contracts in hand.
    Thanks Win. appreciate the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Win, since the site is off to the side is it fair to say that construction could occur during ski season if need be? Just curious?
    also, as opposed to the previous two projects (Gatehouse and schoolhouse/farmhouse), this is not essential to resort operations. so maybe they will work through winter.