Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LP development

I'm actually all for connecting the base areas. It will be great for everyone. Maybe Win can secure a commitment for big bucks from the owners of SB Village to make it more attractive if he needs to give some stuff up. It obviously needs more than a coat of paint to make it a less creepy place to drop the kids off. I can't wait to see the parking lot get redone. The last few times I've been through there, it seems like people ONLY go out there to let their dogs crap wherever they feel like it.

But the parking issue is real. Even if everyone gets an indoor spot, have you guys seen the way families travel for vacations lately? Even the lot outside CB is packed because people don't want to take their Expeditions in the garage. So even if Mommy parks her Liberty or Subie inside, Dad's got his SUV outside in case he calls in for a powder day and the 17 year old took a car too, just cause. I'm not making this up, during holiday weeks it's impossible to park at any condos now because of this phenomenon. It wasn't even snowy this year and it was hard. Imagine with 10 foot banks!

I have a lot more to say about the Village Double, but I guess it's time for a new thread.

/end griping like a crotchety old man (for a few minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by mattlucas View Post
    I'm actually all for connecting the base areas. It will be great for everyone. Maybe Win can secure a commitment for big bucks from the owners of SB Village to make it more attractive if he needs to give some stuff up. It obviously needs more than a coat of paint to make it a less creepy place to drop the kids off. I can't wait to see the parking lot get redone. The last few times I've been through there, it seems like people ONLY go out there to let their dogs crap wherever they feel like it.

But the parking issue is real. Even if everyone gets an indoor spot, have you guys seen the way families travel for vacations lately? Even the lot outside CB is packed because people don't want to take their Expeditions in the garage. So even if Mommy parks her Liberty or Subie inside, Dad's got his SUV outside in case he calls in for a powder day and the 17 year old took a car too, just cause. I'm not making this up, during holiday weeks it's impossible to park at any condos now because of this phenomenon. It wasn't even snowy this year and it was hard. Imagine with 10 foot banks!

I have a lot more to say about the Village Double, but I guess it's time for a new thread.

/end griping like a crotchety old man (for a few minutes)
    This is a very good point. It is typical to see 3 or 4 cars parked in front of a 3br condo. Are there are multiple underground spots for each Rice Brook unit, or only one?

And I agree with the earlier post that Rice Brook will be a huge boost for the village businesses. Loads of new people a sort walk away has to be a good thing.

Loads of new people? Hey they have to sell them first. I heard that they may have enough interest to start the first phase but they will not build the rest until they are mostly committed. What is the price range of the units? Just curious.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Loads of new people? Hey they have to sell them first. I heard that they may have enough interest to start the first phase but they will not build the rest until they are mostly committed. What is the price range of the units? Just curious.
    ah yes price. minor detail. my understanding is that that has yet to be determined or divulged.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    ah yes price. minor detail. my understanding is that that has yet to be determined or divulged.
    Remember, it is not just the price point of the units. The monthly condominium fees will need to be ascertained, and I suspect that they will not be cheap; especially with only one initial phase of construction in place and no real schedule of completion of the balance of the phases/units. I know that in Massachusetts, the old former true and tried method of developer's setting condo fees low and/or subsidizing condo fees in order to sell units is no longer allowed by well established & litigated case law. The typical practice is to set a budget based upon the entire number of units thinking that a few units should be less to support on a common % upkeep basis than a whole bunch of units. But, this is theory only and is not the reality. Basically, buying a condo unit prior to full completion of a condo project & subsequent control turn over by developer to the owners association is a bit of a crap shoot when it comes to establishing what the actual long term condo fees will be. But, the early purchasers should get more value for their $$$, because the developer always expects to be able to bounce the price up when the expected demand increases prices. But, this is 2012 and is not 2002.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

GUESS****** I say $350,000 average cost with Condo fees of $ 350 a month?????

Hawk, with townhouses and flats, of different sizes, we need to guess at a PSF price. I find it almost impossible to believe that the developer is not giving an oral estimated PP, subject to change and final agreement on pricing Otherwise, the existing reservations are pretty meaningless. Which, of course they are, until they go hard.
    Stan

OK my guess is for a 3 bedroom townhouse. I just want to see how close I get. Maybe I am way off but my guess is based on new units at another resort. I want to see how they compare. Just a fun little excercise while waiting for snow.

On a side note, we postponed our trip to Tahoe with a TBD date. Our friend out there at Alpine says that all the ski bums that dropped out of school to ski are ready to slit their wrists.

I have heard that the first phase units are going to be 3 or 4 bedroom units with prices in the $1,000,000.00 neighborhood. No idea if this is reliable information but it certainly seems reasonable information -- the units are slopeside and intended to be high end.

Holy Shite!!!!! I guess high end. I can't wait for the open house. Man am I middle class or what????

Probably somewhere in between the $350K and the $1M. I remember when a group I represented looked at purchasing Ascutney when it failed years ago. The purchase price was ultimately just over One Million Dollars, but you had to be able to make major investments to get it back running and competitive. &, of course, now it is closed again. You have to have great kahunas to buy/run a ski area. More power to you Win, et als.
    Stan

According to the Sugarbush Resort Real Estate office:

"2-4 beds range from $625K to $1.250M"

There is a 3br Claybrook for sale right now on MLS for $1,250K...the condo fee is $2,473/mo. A wild guess says the new Rice Brook will be $1000 or more per month on the condo fees.

Pffffff. $1.25 MM? Is that all? Put me down for 2.

Buildign E is very intriguing. What will be on the first floor?