Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LP development

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Ya, Ya and more wings. I hear you. I love those things with the jerk seasoning. see you soon.
    same here. good stuff and I have a feeling this is the year I get to see the superbowl in the crp. booyah!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    same here. good stuff and I have a feeling this is the year I get to see the superbowl in the crp. booyah!
    Not in New Jersey?
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Not in New Jersey?
    Huh? no.

Sorry...I got my years mixed up. Super Bowl is not in New York (I mean New Jersey) until 2014. The currently 0-11 Colts get to host this years Super Bowl in Indianapolis in 2012. &, I do wish Peyton a speedy recovery. The football season is not the same without two Mannings at QB.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Sorry...I got my years mixed up. Super Bowl is not in New York (I mean New Jersey) until 2014. The currently 0-11 Colts get to host this years Super Bowl in Indianapolis in 2012. &, I do wish Peyton a speedy recovery. The football season is not the same without two Mannings at QB.
    Oh! I actually might be able to score tickets for that game and that would break my streak of superbowls at SB which is now over 15 or should I say XXV.
    can't imagine peyton ever playing again and if he does, he's a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    Oh! I actually might be able to score tickets for that game and that would break my streak of superbowls at SB which is now over 15 or should I say XXV.
    can't imagine peyton ever playing again and if he does, he's a fool.
    Maybe he can become a QB coach for the Jets. Seriously, I completely agree with you. He should not play. But, he is a Manning, so he will definitely try to get back on the field of play.
    Stan

I was going to reply to the development questions, but it seems the thread has gone onto a different direction. Give me some free money like AIG got from the Government and we will do everything all at once. So far $!4 million in new base lodges and $10 million in new groomers, two new lifts and updgrades to snowmaking equipment have been made. Can't do everything all at once. Future development gets us the capital to do more.

Now to the development. This will be done in phases as demand materializes. Right now several people have expressed interest in 3-4 room ski on/ ski off condos. Key is to connect our "new" village to original Sugarbush Village in all season. Out to lunch will actually be improved so that it is fairly level from bottom of trail to the Gate House lift. Mountain condos will have ski access to the trails . We will build from top to bottom in stages over a few years and when the bottom buildings are going in, a new lift lift replacing Village Lift will be moved up and access to it will be better from all angles. Parking will be available for businesses in the Village but it is not for general parking (it never has been intended to be that). Mad Bus and School buses and delivery trucks will still be able to get in and out. Pricing is not yet finalized but will like be less per square foot than Clay Brook and more than other area condos because of the location and quality of the construction.

Great stuff Win. Thanks.

Terrific to see such a clear priority on connecting to SB Village. I love how the modular approach enables you to approach the development in lower-risk chunks instead of one large structure like Clay Brook. And of course the Rice Brook name is a nice continuation of the SB theme. Do you anticipate that any of these buildings (perhaps Building E) will have the height (e.g. 3 stories or more) to visually counter the size/scale of Clay Brook, or do you plan to make them all 1-2 stories only?

Looks like a great long term plan Win. Not sure where you could put this, but I'd love to see some kind of outdoor skating pond at the base. For short money, it would add so much for the kids/adults to do at night and would help get more people to the area at night. Pond, lights, little shack selling waffles + Hot Choc and some where selling adult beverages.

It all sounds great win. I use out to lunch quite a bit coming down from my condo so that is perfect. I will have to put the pitch into my old friends at that other ski area. One of the complaints I heard was that the Bush didn't have new Ski in/out properties. Sounds like we are about to fix that. The one thing that I wish we had was a coffee shop with real espresso makers. The shop in the school house doesn't cut it with those pod machines they have. Maybe we could just upgrade there. I don't know what I will do when Henry retires.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    Now to the development. This will be done in phases as demand materializes. Right now several people have expressed interest in 3-4 room ski on/ ski off condos. Key is to connect our "new" village to original Sugarbush Village in all season. Out to lunch will actually be improved so that it is fairly level from bottom of trail to the Gate House lift. Mountain condos will have ski access to the trails . We will build from top to bottom in stages over a few years and when the bottom buildings are going in, a new lift lift replacing Village Lift will be moved up and access to it will be better from all angles. Parking will be available for businesses in the Village but it is not for general parking (it never has been intended to be that). Mad Bus and School buses and delivery trucks will still be able to get in and out. Pricing is not yet finalized but will like be less per square foot than Clay Brook and more than other area condos because of the location and quality of the construction.
    Win, I know that the entire base re-development plan, has been undertaken with great thought, effort, investment and risk and that you and your entire ownership, planning, design & build and financial teams have done an amazing job to date in taking your visions from paper to reality. And doing so in the most difficult economic and real estate environment of the past few years (presently still existing-but getting a bit better lately) certainly shows great resolve. This leads me to the conclusion that the same planning and resolve will be and/or is being put in place to continue to maintain, upgrade and improve the on mountain experience including lifts, grooming, snowmaking, tree skiing, etc. Notice that I used the word "maintain" first in this last sentence. I understand and I think that many of us here need to focus on the fact that aging mountain facilities/infrastructure requires great investment from the maintenance side of the overall budget in order to keep the ship floating/running. Of course, at a certain point, maintenance dollars will need to be transitioned into upgrade dollars. Maybe, it would be helpful here (not that you have to) to give some of us rabid SB fans on this forum an idea of what might be in the 10 year operational long range upgrade plans to wet our appetite for such details.

On another note, transferring the folks interested in some of these new ski on/off residential units to paper is always a conundrum. No developer wants to build spec units, but I have found over 3 decades of working in the real estate development biz that selling from an empty cupboard always slows down the process. Building a few model units always generates sales, albeit with more risk. Several years ago, we sold 68 permitted residential units to Toll Brothers, and they now have 18 pre-sales on paper; but those did not occur until the residential market improved and the 4 model units were in place and open for business.

Best of luck moving forward with your visions and plans here at SB. The completion of this balance of the base redevelopment will be welcomed by all.
    Stan

Parking?

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    Just noticed, lots of more detailed plans here:

http://www.warrenvt.org/depts/drb/20...2012012011.htm
    If I'm reading these plans correctly, many of the new buildings have their own underground parking except for C1, which has a 32-space parking lot (presumably residential). Therefore, it looks like there will only be a total of 40 parking spaces adjacent to the existing Sugarbush Village. Seems a 40-space parking lot is on the small side for non-residents who would like to take advantage of the amenities in the Village, current or future. Could this plan be another Castlerock Pub prior to its expansion?

All buildings will have underground parking for the residents, and we are working on having at least 60 spots available for others.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66 View Post
    Looks like a great long term plan Win. Not sure where you could put this, but I'd love to see some kind of outdoor skating pond at the base. For short money, it would add so much for the kids/adults to do at night and would help get more people to the area at night. Pond, lights, little shack selling waffles + Hot Choc and some where selling adult beverages.
    This is really an excellent idea. I know my kids would love it and it would help get us out and about during the evening.

In light of these new plans, which are rather complete, its hard too see just where a centralize skate pond could be shoehorned in. Perhaps in that small new green in the walkway to Sugarbush Village. Pond, lights, a little shack selling waffles sounds great.