Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day

Opening Day

With 8" of snow at the base of Liincoln Peak as of 7am, we made the call to open tomorrow. The Bravo lift will spin at 9am. Last lift up Bravo will be at 2:45pm and last lift up Heaven's Gate will be at 3:15. We will be downloading on Bravo. Skiing and riding will be on Upper Jester and Downspout. Cover is still thin, so I recommend experts only. It is warming up after today for several days, so we will have to see how long Downspout will last as we haven't had many days of snowmaking on it. Looks like snowmaking temperatures won't return until the middle of next week. But at least we are open for some fun on Thanksgiving. Welcome to the 2011/2012 season and thanks for your support.

Hope to see many of you up there tomorrow.

That's great news, let's hope for the best. I'd love to know what the chances of skiing Friday/Saturday are? Any thoughts?

Downspout this morning.

The snow is quite thick, you had to work to hit bottom in most spots. Watch for the bike turns on Downspout, they are still part of the game.

John

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson View Post

Downspout this morning.

The snow is quite thick, you had to work to hit bottom in most spots. Watch for the bike turns on Downspout, they are still part of the game.

John
    thx for the pics.
    you got the little one out on boards yet?

50/50 beyond tomorrow. Warming up unfortunately!

Cold tonight. Hopefully we can make more now.

Back to snow dancing.

Looking to ski on Friday.

For those that I'll see tomorrow.... stay safe and have fun!
    (and, as a suggestion, don't go into the woods or onto closed terrain - there is no base in those areas)

And to everyone... have a Happy Thanksgiving!

THINK SNOW AND COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any word yet on whether the lifts will be spinning Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by ReefBum View Post
    Any word yet on whether the lifts will be spinning Friday?
    Main SB website says tomorrow is a go! Today was like a mid winter heavy crud
    day on 2 trails until it got skied off a bit in the troughs etween the powder stashes.Good thing I have been working out. Overall, a really good opening day. Tomorrow could. Be a bit crazy with limited terrain & crowds. Be careful out there.
    Last edited by gostan; 11-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Just got off the mountain. I was delighted by the quality of the snow again today. The moguls on Downspout were very skiiable for the most part and Jester was groomed. Skiing moguls this early in the season is a great way of getting in shape for what's to come. The lift will spin again tomorrow at 9am. Too warm for snowmaking for several days, but we are hoping to hold most of the upper mountain snow.

Thanks Win, I hope to be able to get out tomorrow pm.

It was a great day to be out. Agree with Win about the bumps...they were very manageable, nice and soft. The coverage was pretty good too.

Thanks win. It was an awsome day. Great to ski with all the regulars.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Pass Holder Weekend

Well we dodged a bullet again! Weekend turned out to be a fine pass holders event. Advertised to be limited and may close but in the end great fun soft bumps. Well lined up on DownSpout plus clean soft smooth cruising on Jester. Till today when it started to also bump up nicely!

Lots of smiles to be had! No lines.

Very nice! Looks like they will be open Monday also!

Starting my Dec. snow dance early!

Good to see so many friendly faces this weekend. Saw Win and his family enjoying the snow on Friday. There were also a good amount of the regulars missing. Where were you guys????? Tree, you had better do a special dance for Cold as well as snow. I am not liking the extended forecast. Some shots of cold but they are saying that sustained cold may not be with us for a few weeks. Not Good. I hope the forecasters are wrong.

Thinking Positive.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!