This weather ____________

Blows!

Sucks!

(though the wind has been blowing like I've never seen up here on the mtn these past couple days - finally calmed down today)

If I weren't so dependent on that white gold, I would say this weather was "made for noski."....but I'm not that selfish.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

I spent much of the day yesterday driving around in traffic in south burlington... When I got home it was definitely pi$ing rain on the mountain. At least it is cloudy and overcast today to keep the sun off the snow they blew.

THIS WEATHER is helping my business.

THIS WEATHER is not helping my skiing.

What skiing?
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Remember the words of Axel.."Nothing lasts forever, even cold November rain."

It's coming folks. 312" of white gold. Think snow. get in shape. sacrifice old skis to Ullr. Try to piss of Ma Nature and get her to give us a big dump.

That volcano eruption in the Congo should act as a good seed for delivering the snow goods.

Lastly, better warm now than in January.

It all averages out in the end.

THIS WEATHER is getting colder.

Guns on again!

Gonna be 65 on Sunday............back to blows.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

But getting colder later Sunday night.

despite the fact there is no real pattern change in sight yet at least through early december the current forecast isn't too bad. The fact we are even getting cold nighttime temps at all is pretty positive. If there aren't any inversions going on hopefully some of the warmer daytime temps won't be as bad as they look.

Highs are down to around 51 on sunday, from 56 yesterday. The forecast has shifted a couple of degrees to the cooler side.

From what I recall this time last year there was a bit of a heat wave. It was rather soothing to hear the ominous drone of snowmaking when I left the house at 5:50 AM this morning.
    Last edited by NorthLynx; 11-18-2011 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by win View Post
    But getting colder later Sunday night.
    not for long unfortunately. looks like we are in this rut for at least another 10 days or so.

I think we posted within seconds of each other earlier today.

They have been blowing both jester and downspout throughout the day, and word is the depths are starting to add up.