Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Goals for the '11-'12 season

the current weather regime sucks but we'll get there eventually. so let's lay out some goals.

for me they are:

1. Ski-hope to hit the groomers with my almost new acl and get over the mental block by the time the woods open for business. probability 90%
    2. at least 5 big time powder days with face shots at SB-despite getting close to 40 days last season including some freshies, it seemed the real epic days were in the middle of the week and they alluded me. I'm hoping for a bunch including 2 days first tracks in the limo. 50%
    3. take more video-have helmet cam will travel-100%
    4. drink more booze-I owe it to myself and Shawn who was kind enough to give me bags of ice for my knee all summer. 100%
    5. Ski to Jerusalem. At the passover seder meal, my people say "next year in Jerusalem". I've been saying this for awhile and many things have to align to make it happen not the least of which is deep powder. the wife has already agreed to drive over and pick up. 20%
    6. take the wife/kids to utah and hit some deep deep powder. 50%
    7. cat skiing in BC-enough said. 1% unless I hit the lottery.

1. Ski an absolute minimum of one morning, plus a full day per week until the lifts stop running.
    2. Start skiing bumps and trees again.
    3. Spend less time on groomers (2)
    4. Ride the Lincoln Limo one day for first tracks.
    5. Get back into shape so I can enjoy the 2012-2013 season even more!
    Last edited by NorthLynx; 11-07-2011 at 11:05 AM.

I have to figure out a way to ski all the community hills in Maine. They are spaced so far apart, several only open on weekends.

The only other goal is to spend the majority of my time eating bark.

Oh snap! I almost forgot...see a moose! 0% chance of happening.

Howie, I moved back to CT so. I will be hitting the Bush again this year and not some little bump in PA. So, when the snow flys Jerusalem is in. and you should also see moose on the warm side of the mtn. My trip off the backside led me to moose when I went off a couple years ago!!!

Goals????? Lets see.....
    1) Find me some new ski friends that let me go first.
    2) Get me a rad BC set up and disapear.
    3) Get up way early more often.
    4) Ski everywhere first!
    5) Take more pictures and vid.

Yup that's it.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

I am working on my goals sort of....Just posted some pics from my Cham trip in 10'......

As far as trails go, I hit up almost every trail last year - several for the first time ever (Stein's, FIS, Bravo). The only ones left are Upper Lift Line, Rumble, and Black Diamond. So those can be goals for this year. Also I have to get into Slide Brook. Some friends/co-workers of mine tried to drag me in there last year and I was having a really awesome day at LP and didn't want to ruin it. Got over 20 runs that day which is pretty good for me.

Goals fro 2011/2012 Ski Season:

1. To, with absolutely no regret, ruthlessly poach any line I can from friends, family and strangers alike and laugh like Hell while I'm doing it and any
    time I think of it thereafter.

At south I still have not skied Spillsville or Rumble and I can't remember if I have skied upper liftline. I have been down paradise a few times but I have never
    ventured out into the chutes.

At north I still haven't skied Bravo, just something about that headwall.

I hope to finish off this list by the middle of this season.

There are also a few odd blue/greens I haven't touched yet such as cats meow,
    village run, walts, brambles, out to lunch, and graduation. I will try to get to these as well for the heck of it.

Oh yeah, and then there is Slidebrook.
    Last edited by NorthLynx; 11-08-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthLynx View Post
    At south I still have not skied Spillsville or Rumble and I can't remember if I have skied upper liftline. I have been down paradise a few times but I have never
    ventured out into the chutes.

At north I still haven't skied Bravo, just something about that headwall.

I hope to finish off this list by the middle of this season.

There are also a few odd blue/greens I haven't touched yet such as cats meow,
    village run, walts, brambles, out to lunch, and graduation. I will try to get to these as well for the heck of it.

Oh yeah, and then there is Slidebrook.

That Bravo headwall always was my deterrent in the past. There was just something in the air the day I did it. It was St Patrick's Day, after all, I had a couple "spirits" in me, but most important, the coverage was perfect and the snow nice and soft. FIS we did next, and again, same thing.

Cat's Meow and Brambles can both have some really nice untracked lines. They're both hidden jems, especially Cat's Meow. Brambles is often closed because of racing on Inverness and during the week, it's a hike to get to it (especially on a board). Walt's is very similar to Brambles, but not as steep and often groomed (though ST groomed is pretty sweeeeet). Graduation is just nothing more than a second terrain park. As far as Out to Lunch and Village Run, there's no real need to go down these unless you're trying to do every trail at the mountain, or if you live at the condos. Village Run dead-ends outside my window. Not to mention, it's also flat for about half mile and slightly uphill in spots. It's not as bad when they groom it. My brother and I took it last year to get home on a day it was groomed. We got maybe 500-1000' or so before we had to unstrap our boards and hike. But it was a nice hike and as soon as it makes that sharp 90 degree turn right, it's all downhill. And it was pretty much untouched courdoroy at 3 in the afternoon.

And then there IS Slide Brook.

1) Drop the Slidebrook for the first time in my life.
    2) Beat my brother down Life Line.... probably will never happen.
    3) Drop a 20 foot cliff or so
    4) Get the first chair on a powder day
    5) Ski 20+ days and keep myself and all my buddies safe.

Nice list and first post Newschoolers!

Thank you! I've actually been frequenting this board a lot the past few years just never made an account. Figured it was finally time. And for who I am, lets just say I'm the nephew of a man most of you in the valley probably know very well...

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    the current weather regime sucks but we'll get there eventually. so let's lay out some goals.

for me they are:

1. Ski-hope to hit the groomers with my almost new acl and get over the mental block by the time the woods open for business. probability 90%
    2. at least 5 big time powder days with face shots at SB-despite getting close to 40 days last season including some freshies, it seemed the real epic days were in the middle of the week and they alluded me. I'm hoping for a bunch including 2 days first tracks in the limo. 50%
    3. take more video-have helmet cam will travel-100%
    4. drink more booze-I owe it to myself and Shawn who was kind enough to give me bags of ice for my knee all summer. 100%
    5. Ski to Jerusalem. At the passover seder meal, my people say "next year in Jerusalem". I've been saying this for awhile and many things have to align to make it happen not the least of which is deep powder. the wife has already agreed to drive over and pick up. 20%
    6. take the wife/kids to utah and hit some deep deep powder. 50%
    7. cat skiing in BC-enough said. 1% unless I hit the lottery.
    before everyone goes into hibernation.

I did 1-4 ok. I had about 35 days total. couldnt ask for better recovery with the knee. I would venture to say 6-8 legitimate powder days. 2 days in the limo which were good but disappointing on the epic scale. I did drink more, but still not enough. having to drive the kids off the mtn puts a crimp on that.
    5, 6 and 7 were epic fails and remain on the list for next year.