View Poll Results: When Will The Snow Guns Start Blowing Snow?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday, November 5

0 0%
  • Tuesday, November 8

0 0%
  • Saturday, November 12

5 41.67%
  • Tuesday, November 15

6 50.00%
  • Tuesday, November 22

1 8.33%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Webcam On Upper Mountain

Wish there was a webcam up at Allyn's or elsewhere on the upper mountain so we could all see snowmaking progress on Jester & Downspout. This would also be a great addition for snow reports and PR all winter long. I know that this may have been talked about prior to the existing webcam going into place last season, but there are many times when there is snow or heavy snow up at elevation and not at the base, that this should be a real consideration.

Looking forward to a T-Day opening.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

I can see the guns blowing from my kitchen window! We live at 1740' on the Out to Lunch trail. Seem to be guns blowing right down Lower Jester too. Maybe a hike and some pics are in order.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    I can see the guns blowing from my kitchen window! We live at 1740' on the Out to Lunch trail. Seem to be guns blowing right down Lower Jester too. Maybe a hike and some pics are in order.
    Please do. I am working today hoping to get out of MA early enough on Wednesday to avoid most of the traffic & hit opening day on Turkey Day. Let's see the snow guns do their thing.
    Stan

Quote Originally Posted by ducky View Post
    Please do. That's what we need here. A little stoke can go a long way.

Here are some photos from this afternoon's hike with Nina. First thing she did was the doggy slide. Both of us so happy to see snow.

I talked with some snowmakers, Cam and crew. They said it was waist deep at the top and they look ready to go, big smiles included. Guns set up all the way down Downspout. Correction: was Upper Jester to Downspout, not Lower Jester.

See you soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ducky; 11-19-2011 at 03:43 PM.

NOAA may say it's 53 in Warren, but it is freezing at elevation. This stream on Lower Castlerock about 2:30 today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gostan View Post
    Wish there was a webcam up at Allyn's or elsewhere on the upper mountain so we could all see snowmaking progress on Jester & Downspout. This would also be a great addition for snow reports and PR all winter long. I know that this may have been talked about prior to the existing webcam going into place last season, but there are many times when there is snow or heavy snow up at elevation and not at the base, that this should be a real consideration.

Looking forward to a T-Day opening.
    LOVE the idea of an Ally's Lodge webcam !!

Hopefully sooner rather than later
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Ducky, thx for the pics.
    Stan

we may be in for a little bit of a surprise earlier in the week. I heard something about a particular day but this came from a third party that I do not know well, and I don't know who told him. I would love to get out before the holiday crowds have their way. If not I will definitely go out next week after the holiday.

Nice work Ducky. Glad to see someone taking the initiative. NL....thanksgiving holiday crowds? I think you have your holidays confused. There is never that many people up early and the ones that do show up ski a few runs and split.

See you up there soon dudes!!!!
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Hawk is right, Thanksgiving isn't usually too crowded on the trails. the pub is a different story. Can't wait to make turns. I can hear the lament of my skis, begging to beat on the mountain. I got overly stoked at the Boston ski expo. Need a fix. Real bad.

I am used to going out midweek. I used to ski over thanksgiving back before I moved here, but now I am spoiled. I will agree the crowds are rather decent in comparison to the mayhem you would find elsewhere.

The only thing is Dino is not open on wednesdays, but I eat there almost every day anyway...

NWS is calling for mixed precipitation event Late Tuesday evening with a turn to rain on Wednesday and then back to snow in MRV. Up @ Stowe, NWS is showing all snow. I am hoping that elevation @ upper Mountain will be mostly white.

Hawk is right on. T-Day is definitely a quiet one as most skiers and riders are sharpening their knives- not their skis. And, of course, with limited terrain, most take a few runs and hit the Pub or Timbers or the car home. Saturday will be the busiest day with too many skiers on far too little terrain. Better Be Good & Better Be Careful.
    Stan

I will go out on a limb and say that there will be no crowds at all with skiing right on to the lift. You should see what it was like at Killington and Sunday River over the last couple of weeks if you want to see crowds.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!