Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman View Post
    +1

There was no good reason he should have been chased out of here. Just a good hearted guy, doing what he had been asked, and who loved to share his love of all things SB. the BS he had thrown his way was so egregious and over the top.
    Agreed. Regardless of how he managed the board, which I had no problem with but some others did which is fine, the scat he got for it was flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    Wow Yard Sale.

You sound you really need to "get some"...skiing and beer. No Funyions, pal. Those are unkind to your fellow lift riders. All that butt smoochin' won't help your cause to be the world's premier novice skier. Only hard drinking and chasing VT North guys can do that.
    Bull's Eye. Except for the Funyions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Bull's Eye. Except for the Funyions.
    I'm also a big fan. They are addicting. Talk about being unfriendly to your fellow lift riders? I would hate to ride the lift with you Brew after a night of eating your fresh hunting kill and drinking a bunch of 'gansett.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm also a big fan. They are addicting. Talk about being unfriendly to your fellow lift riders? I would hate to ride the lift with you Brew after a night of eating your fresh hunting kill and drinking a bunch of 'gansett.
    Hey, 'Gansett has a new brew master who has tweaked the original formula. No more corn flavor and cheap beer hangover. It's says it's the "official beer of the clam", how can that be bad???

Funions, it is never good to be smelt before being seen!

I stopped reading the board all together for about a year as a result of some of the drama that occurred. I was also disappointed to see Lostone go since I know him in person. It was clear that there were
    some normal every day differences in opinion but when he decided to stand his ground things were blown way out of proportion.

I used to post here years ago under a different name (I forgot the user name and pswd and later abandoned the email account I had been using at the time) I tried to re-register from time to time over the years but due to the activation problems I was only able to setup an account after the switch to the new forums.

Now if we can just get some cold weather and start skiing again things should start to come back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski View Post
    Hey, 'Gansett has a new brew master who has tweaked the original formula. No more corn flavor and cheap beer hangover. It's says it's the "official beer of the clam", how can that be bad???

Funions, it is never good to be smelt before being seen!
    Brew,

If you're a fan of the "official beer of the clam", might I suggest that you may want to try a Budweiser Chalada. It's a delightful and nutritious blend of Budweiser and clamato juice and it's sold in a 24 oz. can. It's not for anyone with a weak stomach or is otherwise barf-prone. It's a bit of a head scratcher, actually. You have to wonder what dire circumstances someone would have to be in to come up with this concoction as the solution.

This beverage reminds me of the ol' Bass-o-Matic pitched by Dan Akroid on Saturday Night Live in the 1970's. The first sip tastes a little bit like you're drinking a bag of surgical bio-waste. If you thought you didn't like the first sip just wait 'til you get to the bottom of the can. Mmmmmmmm. There is something so very wrong about this beverage that makes it so right. I call it the clampagne of beers. So, if your a fan of the ingesting everything under the sun at least once club this Bud is for you.

I'll bring you one this winter.

FYI, I'm not affiliated with Budweiser or anywhere in the shelfish industry. This is an upiad endorsement.

Re: Funyions and subsequent collateral damge to your lift mates:

Gortex pants are breathable, but not that breathable. I've found that most Gortex pants afford the wearer enough time for an avergage length lift ride to transpire with out being forced to unleash one's personal bounty harvested from questionable dietary choices, like Funyions or even a nice refreshing Bud and Clamato juice in between runs to recharge the ol' batteries. Of course making it to the top of the lift with your fragrant cargo intact will require the offending party to take certain measures like keeping all venting portals zipped even if it is uncomfortably warm in there. And remaining almost perfecty still to prevent "pantal puffing" out the waist band or boot cuffs is also a must. Of course, results may vary depending on base layers.

See ya on the lift.

YS

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Yard Sale,

Your post represents every reason i love to ski. It is not just a sport, it is a way of life. And Sugarbushers make life better! I'm getting ready for opening day. Not sure about the Bud clam juice mix, since life is too short to drink cheap beer!, but in social context, I'll be glad to rip Castlerock with you and have a few in the pub. Isn't that what skiing is about?

Brew ski

not a computer whiz

I find the new format intimidating plus I have been busy with other stuff and I am one of a very few gals that post. I just tried to upload a video from the big storm in March but I doubt it worked. And I miss Lostone's photos and updates.P.S. Was just told the upload was too large. It is a 15 second video...so , there you have it. NOT. I think I was able to add an avatar. But not my old one from old board. But it was time to say goodbye to that one anyways. It was my old dog that died in 2007 and me xc skiing at Blueberry Lake. I've been taking a course this summer/fall so next year I will add a computer course to my list but for now just want to finish the one I am doing and go skiing. Not as exciting as some of the posts on this subject but thought some of you might want to know why some of us are not posting. Think Snow! ; }

DOA, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I can not believe how utterly borring the board has become. This used to be a community that shared ideas and opinions and that is the purpose Right?. This board should be a place that people share ideas, opinions and maybe a weather report or trip report. Now it seems to have run it's course and has just shut down. I strongly feel that the overly strong opinions of some, the snobbyness of others and the self-eliteness of a few have poisoned it for the general public. It has desended into a place to come and bitch about anything that is not perfect or Ideal in the opinion of the poster. This is not what it is about!

I miss the posting of Bubba, Davious, Lostone, etc. who at least had some personality and made things fun. Hell I even miss Barkbiter.

Ah, to hell with it. Nick just pull the plug! The f@#kin place is going nowhere.
    Ya, it's pretty much DOA, but not for the reasons you express. When the admins silenced those they disagreed with, this forum lost a lot. Banning Gone Skiing was ridiculous. Those who defended the offenders were threatened with banishment. The same admin continues to be hall monitor. There are other means of communication. It's up to those of you who still use it to make it worthwhile enough to regenerate the lost participants.

+2 or 3 on missing the old posters

I seldom post but often read...I did find the argument over the Moderating of the forum so bad that I lost a lot of interest in the forum...Personally -I hope Lostone, Barkbiter and the Chimp with the Gun all come back

Quote Originally Posted by notorious View Post
    Ya, it's pretty much DOA, but not for the reasons you express. When the admins silenced those they disagreed with, this forum lost a lot. Banning Gone Skiing was ridiculous. Those who defended the offenders were threatened with banishment. The same admin continues to be hall monitor. There are other means of communication. It's up to those of you who still use it to make it worthwhile enough to regenerate the lost participants.
    I guess it is a mater of perspective. People take sides. I thought there was rediculousness on both sides. There were hurtful things said and it went way to far. I just want to hear things about sking at my resort. Happy fun things, informative things, intelegent debate......and mayby some comedy, and Funyons!!!!
    I also think that there has been a relaxing of the old rules. If you didn't notice, the discussion is now call Skiing - Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, and general skiing discussions
    and not specific to Sugarbush. I also think that GS was not banned, he just left right? He can post all he wants now. I am sure we would all love it. Time to forget about last year.

You never know who your next lift ride will be with. I am sure quite a few people on this board have met in person wether or not they are even aware
    of it. There are plenty of other places on the internet to get into disputes with people anonymously.

after all you never know who you may be skiing with one day. Another advantage to keeping this board civil is it encourages participation by the resort
    and those who have been around have seen how that relationship has been jeopardized in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious View Post
    Send me a pm with some background info and i can look into it again. You'd have to push me real far to actually get banned....
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Well ticket prices were released. At this rate of yearly ticket increases we will break the $100 mark in a few years. Not good for getting my friends up to visit. They used to come up and ski but with the crazy price increases the last few years they just come up and hang out now. It keeps people off the slopes which I guess is the goal. Make the same money but with less skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xskier View Post
    Well ticket prices were released. At this rate of yearly ticket increases we will break the $100 mark in a few years. Not good for getting my friends up to visit. They used to come up and ski but with the crazy price increases the last few years they just come up and hang out now. It keeps people off the slopes which I guess is the goal. Make the same money but with less skiers.
    It's the industry as a whole. Sugarbush is $79 if you use the e-ticket. Look and compare for a Saturday mid season:

Stowe: $92
    Killington: $86
    Jay: $75
    Smugglers: $66 - $70 Holiday Weeks
    Sunday River: $80
    Loon: $78
    Waterille: $73
    Sugarloaf: $79

Here is the best deal if you hop on it before wednesday. It is not good on Satudays or Holiday weeks but other than that you are not going to get cheaper.
    http://deals.boston.com/deal/4070/su...ort-in-vermont