Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy Message Board is DOA!

I can not believe how utterly borring the board has become. This used to be a community that shared ideas and opinions and that is the purpose Right?. This board should be a place that people share ideas, opinions and maybe a weather report or trip report. Now it seems to have run it's course and has just shut down. I strongly feel that the overly strong opinions of some, the snobbyness of others and the self-eliteness of a few have poisoned it for the general public. It has desended into a place to come and bitch about anything that is not perfect or Ideal in the opinion of the poster. This is not what it is about!

I miss the posting of Bubba, Davious, Lostone, etc. who at least had some personality and made things fun. Hell I even miss Barkbiter.

Ah, to hell with it. Nick just pull the plug! The f@#kin place is going nowhere.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Where did they all go?

FWIW, when boards become larger there is always an element of having to deal with ridiculousness. I check in here probably daily but post every other day or so. I was hoping with some forum upgrades it would be more user friendly and allow new registrations once again in a way that would allow the community to grow. Seems like it's had almost the opposite effect.

If you want to PM me with any suggestions I'd be glad to listen.

And I am already in the planning stages of my own personal pilgramage to the MRV this year!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Ski forums' are always pretty slow at this time of the year. Until the Mountain opens, there is little to talk about. And, when the mountain opens, then we are too busy skiing and riding to find the time to post. Even the larger populated Alpine Zone forum seems pretty dead because it is only November 3rd. Not much to talk about as far as ski trips, ski equipment, conditions or the like. I cannot yet post about the great ski conditions yet or the great on mountain food or how fabulous my new Bonafides ski......but come December all should change. I can always find the time to bitch and moan about something or the other.

Of course, there are forums like Epicski that are much more geared to equipment and western ski areas and trips, that seem to generate threads and responses from folks all over the country, even in the off season. But, here in MRV there is little to nothing to talk about for our far smaller demographical membership.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Things are pretty quiet here. Not much to talk about this time of the year. The weather is boring looking for the next 10 days or so.

Look at the postings in past years. By this time of year people were coming out of the wood work and posting like crazy. Now most of those people do not post at all any more. I would add that a couple of things led of this.

1)There was war last year when a certain group of people from an adult ski program went on the attack of a certain Ski school director over the direction of the ski school. Because of this several prominent posters got truned off and left.
    2) There was the famous "you are posting in the wrong section" debate were people bashed the hell out of Lostone. He left and others that liked him were turn off.
    3) There was the "We hate the Claybrookers because they cut the line" threads. I know several of those folks that stopped posting.
    Shall I go on?

In general the last large group that left were the general causal posters that said, "this place is out of control" and stopped posting. I have heard this from many. Hell even the biggest insigators have left. The people that started all the sh*t.

Boy do you need to go skiing. Get out behind the computer and ski. I'm skiing Kmart tomorrow if you want to catch up. Then up for the weekend.

You're right but, stop your belly aching Dude! Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell NO! And we're not giving up now. Not on my watch Pal. I won't give up until the last drop of bourbon is drained from my cold dead corpse.

It's too DAMNED early for anything to be declared DOA. You have to at least wait until the snow flies. Don't worry, once that happens it won't be long before someone will post some sweet photo of an "undisclosed location". Which would be awsome! (hint hint) I'd do it, but how many locations on Snowball do you think I can keep "undisclosed" if I were to post such tasty photos here? So, would it be too much to ask for some of you genuine powder whores to go out this fall and pick up a little digital camera to stick in a pocket of your fancy AT hydration pack next to your homemade trail mix and flask of Maker's Mark and maybe share with the rest of us slack jawed Joeys what livin' is really like?. Gone Skiing ain't walkin thru that door friend and neither is his camera. And all though it seems like he is, Atkinson can't be everywhere with his camera.

Or a maybe a lift will be on windhold or down for repairs and someone will have atleast 2 cents to share on the matter. Or maybe there'll be a spontaneous flair up of some sexy reforrestation banter (Woodsman). And ATKINSON! Have you taken care of those F%*#ing sharp stumps yet? Just kidding, John. You know I revere you as The Man like no other . . . except for maybe Egan Brutha . . . maybe those guys in that place at the bottom of the hill too. (Sure, alright, I'm fanny smooch'n. What of it? Don't like it, try kissing mine.)

Or Hawk, keep up the chatter about Sunday Rivers gaudy snow making capacity and you're sure to draw the ire of some rose colored goggle wearing kool aid drinking Sugarbush suck up who will question your loyalty to the 'Bush. Oh, wait a second. That's me. (Especially since Lost One went missing.) Yeah, Hawk, what's up with that Sunday River place and you anyway? You're always talking about how great it is and all your friends over there, and what great time your having. Don't you understand how hurtful that can be to those of us who aren't taking advantage of the early season turns? Jeez Dude. Actually, how bout some photos.

So shake it off and fly right mister. I don't want to hear any more of that DOA talk. Atleast not until the snow flies and there are some the potential for some serious issues to discuss or maybe just some garden variety snow boarder v. skiier social conflict. Cuz, let's face it, those snow boarders do make a mess of the bumps don't they?. HAHAHAHA Oh, man they crack me up the way they hop about and flop on the ground.

BTW, I heard a rumor that they're going to groom Castle Rock and keep it GROOMED! HAHAHAHA Chew on that zipper heads! I also heard that only those who reside in the big red barn will be allowed to ski there. Where is that mis-informed monkey with the revolver when you need him. This is right in his wheel house.

BTW, IMHO, all bans should be lifted. Ya know forgive and forget. Call me crazy, but I think all tissues should be happy tissues not sad tissues. No great music nor powerful pieces of art have been made of a mild day. Let the rabble rousers back in! They probably won't come back, but still . . . Worst case scenario, if they do, ban 'em again. HAHAHAHAHA Otherwise, If these demands aren't met (and this is no idle threat), get ready for "Occupy SKIMRV" . . . ATTICA ATTICA ATTICA . . . Unlike those other "Occupies" camping out across the country our message is clear. In addition to having our student loans paid off we want reinstatement of banned skimrv members. Also the government should pick up the tab for our season passes this year. Oh, and we want free tacos mid week in Gatehouse . . . oh, and uh, . . . we want Funyions. Yeah Dude! We want Funyions. Funyions man, yeah!

Bottom line: It's only November, Hawk. Chillax with that DOA business. You know better than that. Once Ullr beds that fickle tease, Ma Nature, and their fluffy prodigy starts piling up on the slopes, everything is going to be just fine.

Respectfully,

YS

TPNSOTEC ;P

PS, If I do say so myself, think this a pretty solid rant for early November. I'm not even in early season form yet, and I still have about ten pounds to lose before the season get's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier View Post
    Boy do you need to go skiing. Get out behind the computer and ski. I'm skiing Kmart tomorrow if you want to catch up. Then up for the weekend.
    Well I woke up a few people at least. Look at YS!!! Now that is a post. Not this weekend tree. completing renovations at the house. Soon my friend.

Dude, I spit on my keyboard. That is some funny sh*T. I liked the Funyions part. and Ulr and Ma Nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    You're right but, stop your belly aching Dude! Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! Hell NO! And we're not giving up now. Not on my watch Pal. I won't give up until the last drop of bourbon is drained from my cold dead corpse.

It's too DAMNED early for anything to be declared DOA. You have to at least wait until the snow flies. Don't worry, once that happens it won't be long before someone will post some sweet photo of an "undisclosed location". Which would be awsome! (hint hint) I'd do it, but how many locations on Snowball do you think I can keep "undisclosed" if I were to post such tasty photos here? So, would it be too much to ask for some of you genuine powder whores to go out this fall and pick up a little digital camera to stick in a pocket of your fancy AT hydration pack next to your homemade trail mix and flask of Maker's Mark and maybe share with the rest of us slack jawed Joeys what livin' is really like?. Gone Skiing ain't walkin thru that door friend and neither is his camera. And all though it seems like he is, Atkinson can't be everywhere with his camera.

Or a maybe a lift will be on windhold or down for repairs and someone will have atleast 2 cents to share on the matter. Or maybe there'll be a spontaneous flair up of some sexy reforrestation banter (Woodsman). And ATKINSON! Have you taken care of those F%*#ing sharp stumps yet? Just kidding, John. You know I revere you as The Man like no other . . . except for maybe Egan Brutha . . . maybe those guys in that place at the bottom of the hill too. (Sure, alright, I'm fanny smooch'n. What of it? Don't like it, try kissing mine.)

Or Hawk, keep up the chatter about Sunday Rivers gaudy snow making capacity and you're sure to draw the ire of some rose colored goggle wearing kool aid drinking Sugarbush suck up who will question your loyalty to the 'Bush. Oh, wait a second. That's me. (Especially since Lost One went missing.) Yeah, Hawk, what's up with that Sunday River place and you anyway? You're always talking about how great it is and all your friends over there, and what great time your having. Don't you understand how hurtful that can be to those of us who aren't taking advantage of the early season turns? Jeez Dude. Actually, how bout some photos.

So shake it off and fly right mister. I don't want to hear any more of that DOA talk. Atleast not until the snow flies and there are some the potential for some serious issues to discuss or maybe just some garden variety snow boarder v. skiier social conflict. Cuz, let's face it, those snow boarders do make a mess of the bumps don't they?. HAHAHAHA Oh, man they crack me up the way they hop about and flop on the ground.

BTW, I heard a rumor that they're going to groom Castle Rock and keep it GROOMED! HAHAHAHA Chew on that zipper heads! I also heard that only those who reside in the big red barn will be allowed to ski there. Where is that mis-informed monkey with the revolver when you need him. This is right in his wheel house.

BTW, IMHO, all bans should be lifted. Ya know forgive and forget. Call me crazy, but I think all tissues should be happy tissues not sad tissues. No great music nor powerful pieces of art have been made of a mild day. Let the rabble rousers back in! They probably won't come back, but still . . . Worst case scenario, if they do, ban 'em again. HAHAHAHAHA Otherwise, If these demands aren't met (and this is no idle threat), get ready for "Occupy SKIMRV" . . . ATTICA ATTICA ATTICA . . . Unlike those other "Occupies" camping out across the country our message is clear. In addition to having our student loans paid off we want reinstatement of banned skimrv members. Also the government should pick up the tab for our season passes this year. Oh, and we want free tacos mid week in Gatehouse . . . oh, and uh, . . . we want Funyions. Yeah Dude! We want Funyions. Funyions man, yeah!

Bottom line: It's only November, Hawk. Chillax with that DOA business. You know better than that. Once Ullr beds that fickle tease, Ma Nature, and their fluffy prodigy starts piling up on the slopes, everything is going to be just fine.

Respectfully,

YS

TPNSOTEC ;P

PS, If I do say so myself, think this a pretty solid rant for early November. I'm not even in early season form yet, and I still have about ten pounds to lose before the season get's going.

Good stuff Yard Sale. I'm not a regular poster, but am a regular reader once summer is over. IMHO, the new fonts and such since the switchover are not as good. Maybe it's me getting old and I need a new prescription, but it's a little less inviting.

I don't worry the board will die, largely due to Win's participation. Very few places can you get that kind of communication from an owner.

They haven't posted 2012 lift ticket prices yet have they? That usually gets a few of us going.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Wow Yard Sale.

You sound you really need to "get some"...skiing and beer. No Funyions, pal. Those are unkind to your fellow lift riders. All that butt smoochin' won't help your cause to be the world's premier novice skier. Only hard drinking and chasing VT North guys can do that.
    Speaking of rants,...have you seen all the 6" stumps sticking up along trail edges? especially at Castlerock? Yikes, don't ski the trail edges in early season.

Hawk, did you have a bad fall off your Mt Bike? What happened? So angry. I agree, I miss barkbiter, Jaques le Guide, the monkey with the gun and Gone Skiing's pictures. At least Notorious is still slumming with us. I wonder if Barkbiter knows I had to move into his cave for part of the summer? I thought I saw he moved out west. Hard to believe, at his age the change in elevation could be fatal.

I'm predicting 312" of snow this year.
    And consuming 312 'Gansetts in the CRP.
    And finding a better more secretive route into "Dualing Chutes". One of my favorite "verboten" lines.
    Think snow!

Just not fair at all.....Tree gets day # 2 in and some of us have to work...work...work... Before we get to ski....ski....ski...
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

We should ask lostone back.

I got about 2 more weeks worth of intense work before I can switch into winter ski mode. Don't know about you guys, but October is always brutal for me work wise. I closed one thing today so I can see the light at the end of tunnel.

If someone would share the blueprints for phase 3 of the lp village, we would have something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    We should ask lostone back.
    +1

There was no good reason he should have been chased out of here. Just a good hearted guy, doing what he had been asked, and who loved to share his love of all things SB. the BS he had thrown his way was so egregious and over the top.