Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Hah! Good question, Gostan. Being a (relative) oldtimer, I admit to some prejudices against boarders...

It seems to me that all of that sideways sliding on one edge of the board does tend to scrape the snow down and off the backside of the mogul and eventually off the middle of the trail. My next thought might be a bit controversial, but it seems to me that when the natural snow is good, trails at MRG "ski" better because they don't get as scraped off. But then you have to factor in the lack of grooming, bump build up, etc., but I do tend to think that boarders are a slight negative as far as trail surface quality is concerned...for skiers, anyway...wonder what others think...seems to be mostly skiiers on this site...

And as long as we're on the topic, seems to me boarders bring different angles and speeds and rhythms to the trail. To me they are a bit less predictable than the skier...creates a little anxiety picking my way down say Organgrinder or Ripcord...when I hear a hi-speed boarder behind me.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. Really looking forward to a great winter up in the MRV.

RopeTow

Ski More..........talk less

Sometimes the ridiculous banter is such that it takes the fun out of the sport. My basic view over the years has been just go ski and keep the chat to the bar. The constant moaning and groaning about how the hill should be run, what the best names for lines are, who got first tracks on what, how many hits your post go get's a little old. Does it actually matter?

When it comes to running the area, it is really Win's decision as it is his job to "pay the bills" and set the budget. We've talked snow making to death. Hawk wants more, but forgets that the River just blows a bunch of ice to have the hill open (my runs the last couple days certainly brought that point home). Some input on clipping stumps at the bottom makes sense, but the desire by many to head to the woods when they clearly aren't ready means you'll hit some stumps. Hope the early woods runs are worth it and you do not ruin your season for a couple turns by getting injured. If you hike the eastern woods you probably realize how much snow is needed to cover the forest floor from snow snakes.

Overall, the board is not a place for an information exchange and that is most likely the idea. So, maybe if the primary posters go back to honest information exchange the board would serve a better purpose. Who knows.

Enjoy the season, ride your bike while waiting for it to snow (most of the mud is frozen by now) or hike in prep for the season. You could always go check out some potential woods run to see what it would take to ski it. I toss a couple out there: Mt Abe to the Lincoln gap road or the Battell (sp) trail into the town of Lincoln.

AHM

Actually the board has been very civil this year and actually the bitching has been better. You wont change my opinion on the snowmaking. Don't you have some trip planned somewhere you need to attend to????? Send Pics and maybe that will cure our snow Jones.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!