Rainbow Foliage!

This weekend is going to be the highlight of the fall. Come and see!

John

We will see you up there John. How have the trails been riding?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

This week has been wet and the leaves are starting to fall, but this is one of my favorite times for trail riding. The weekend might be perfect weather and by then, the trails should be dry.

Lots of new work all over the mountain and in the Valley. Old Center Fayston is reallly shaping up with a big reroute and new berms.

John

Foliage mt. biking

John, I have not been up in a while, but was curious, given the wet weather and Hurricane Irene if the trails are even open? Did any of the proposed work ever get done? ie. Plum Line single track that was flagged but not raked, benched or armored? proposed Cyclone ext. down to Lareau? Clinic ext. down to Butternut? Ralston to Wu? Old Ctr Fayston re-route?
    Hoping the weather is better for this weekend.

That sounds great. Spoke to Mr. McNiesh and he said you guys did a great job on Center Fayston. He also said they did some work on blow downs from Irene but by and large the trails did not take that big of a hit form the storm. I may just DH this weekend and do some hiking with the Mrs. Thanks for the info.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Everything is open.

After the early season repairs on Plum Line from the reckless Jeep driver (huge rock work and ditching), we really ended up focusing on reconnecting Old Center Fayston, which has been a major on-going project. It's all reconnected and we have been hammering to get it buffed up and riding fast. The other projects are still on the list and will be done at some point.

The other big news, if you haven't heard, is the Blueberry Lake USFS project for next spring. Five miles of new flowy beginner/ intermediate trail were approved.

The weather looks perfect this weekend. Come on up!

Thanks for the update John and for all the work you (and others) do.
    Blueberry lake trails sound great. Might be a legitimate place to take the wife and kids riding. Maybe a swim afterwards to top it off.

Blueberry lake trails could be fun once my daughters riding. Bike around, kayak around, then swim in the lake! Another one for the summer to-do list.

John - Any info on the Kid's Adventure Camp this Sat for community day? What will they be doing with 6 yr olds?

The six year olds will start with warmup sprint to the Church, rappel down, then cartwheels on Lower Paradise, followed by a bare-handed bear hunt, a beaver-inspired glade maintenance project (chew down the hobblebush kids!)and finish with full swim descent of Clay Brook to the Mad River.

Seriously though, probably a nature hike and scavenger hunt. The bike clinic is for all abilities too. Come play!

Awesome. Now when she asks what they do again, I can give her all the details!

Does that swim end at Flatbread? She's going to be hungry after all that and I can have a beer while waiting

Beautiful pic!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!