Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MRV Road Work and Access

So now that the state has had some time to survey the dammage, do they have a plan and a time frame for fixing Rt's 100, 12 and 12A? Just curious.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

http://www.aot.state.vt.us/#StateClosures

Hawk- roads open up every day. What I think you will see is that by Winter virtually all the roads will be open, albeit potentially gravel, not paved. You can use this link to get a pretty good idea of progress on routes you travel. I have found that while some of the roads say "open, use caution" may actually be closed during the day while crews work. They try to open at least one lane at night for emergency access should it be needed by ambulance, fire, etc.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Thanks Noski. That site is a good resource for finding out what is done. But I was looking for actual word of mouth reports on any plans or time frames on the fixing of additional routes to the valley. If I read that report correctly there is still only one way from 89 south into the Valley. So no exit 3,4,5 or 9(100B) yet. From the extent of what I heard it might be some time because of bridge rebuilding.

The route from exit 5 (Lovers Lane to 12A to Roxbury) will be the first alternate route to open. The section by the Golf Course is supposed to re-open this week according to a Roxbury resident. If you want, i will post when it is fully open.

That is great. Yes Please do. Thanks.

Rt 12A open

You can now access the Valley via Exit 5 > Lovers Lane > 12A > Roxbury Gap > MRV. You cannot yet access from Randolph exit 4.

100B is still closed.

Road Update

Rt 100 from Warren to Granville is now open- albeit gravel in one section, so the detour of Plunkton Rd is now unnecessary. You can also cross to and from Moretown/Northfield via Moretown Mountain Rd. We're gaining...

thanks.

Are there any estimates as to when route 100 will be open from killington to warren????

Campbrook Road (Bethel Mtn Rd) will be open again during the day, beginning Thursday, Sept. 22. It may be only one lane in some places because there is still construction going on, so be prepared to stop.

Rt 100 is open to Warren from Rochester as of yesterday.

100B from Middlesex/Moretown is NOW open. http://governor.vermont.gov/newsroom-route-100-reopens
    Last edited by noski; 09-22-2011 at 08:58 AM.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Thanks for the update noski.
    It will be nice to shave 30 minutes off the commute.

Sorry to beat a dead horse- but we are driving up from Boston tomorrow night via I-89 for Siptemberfest. What is the recommended route?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skierdon View Post
    Sorry to beat a dead horse- but we are driving up from Boston tomorrow night via I-89 for Siptemberfest. What is the recommended route?

Thanks!
    Simplest is I-89 to Exit 9 > (left) Rt 2 East 1 mile, then (right) on 100B, south straight to the Mad River Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Simplest is I-89 to Exit 9 > (left) Rt 2 East 1 mile, then (right) on 100B, south straight to the Mad River Valley.
    Great- thanks! Just wanted to make sure the whole route was back open.

Rt 12A between Roxbury and Braintree is expected to be closed until at least January. So getting off in Randolph and jumping on 12A to Roxbury Gap Rd is not an option for a while. Stick with Exit 5 via Northfield/Lovers Lane or Exit 9 via 100B/Moretown.

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Rt 12A between Roxbury and Braintree is expected to be closed until at least January. So getting off in Randolph and jumping on 12A to Roxbury Gap Rd is not an option for a while. Stick with Exit 5 via Northfield/Lovers Lane or Exit 9 via 100B/Moretown.

yikes