Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good News! Rt 100 is now open thru to Rt 4 (and beyond!) so you guys who like to come up from 149 > 4 > 100 can now do so.

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Great news. I have some traveling between Rutland and Warren over the next few weeks, so this will cut down on miles and time and frustration dramatically. Thanks for the updates Noski.

I see that there are construction delays on certain parts of of 4 and 100 between Rutland and Warren. Does anybody know if it is really slow going on that route or is it manageable? I will be passing through early Friday evening.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Last weekend I drove Rt4 from 89 to Rutland. No problems. The damage off the sides of the road is still amazing and causes some understandable rubbernecking which slows traffic at those points but the road is open. Between Rutland and Pico, they are still working on the road side just up hill from Sugar and Spice so the lanes shift and the speed limit is about 30 mph. That is only for about 1/2 mile and the rubbernecking is tremendous there, with good reason.

I drove up last night. Took exit 3 over Bethel mountain road. A bunch of dirt patches crossing the road but in good shape, didn't need to slow much at all. 100 from Rochester up to Warren is fine. Only a couple dirt patches crossing the road, the biggest is just north of Rochester center. Best to slow down for that road transition else you'll leave some car parts behind.

Haven't been from Rochester to Killington on 100 yet. Doing that on Saturday night. Good luck.

Hard to tell. While those road sections are open, they are far from perfect and work continues. I would guess that by early Friday night they will be done for the weekend. Maybe if you take the route you could promptly post your experience for others (?). Weather for the next several days will be stellar. Enjoy!

By the way. Thanks Noski for keeping us posted. It has help.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by noski View Post
    Hard to tell. While those road sections are open, they are far from perfect and work continues. I would guess that by early Friday night they will be done for the weekend. Maybe if you take the route you could promptly post your experience for others (?). Weather for the next several days will be stellar. Enjoy!
    I went through Rutland on Route 4 last night and up to Warren on 100 and it was not a problem at all. I went though about 8p so the road work was done for the day. As Brew Ski said, there is a 30 MPH zone going up to Pico and I did not hit any congestion at that time. I was amazed at how much new asphalt has been laid down since the storm. Kudos to the road crews. There are some gravel/dirt patches on 100 you have to be careful with at night since they are difficult to see. The road heading up into the Granville gulf is still pretty rough so be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    By the way. Thanks Noski for keeping us posted. It has help.
    Thank you, I have to earn my keep here in the forum, if you know what I mean.

I was told today that rt 12A south of Roxbury is now open but I have not confirmed this.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer View Post
    I was told today that rt 12A south of Roxbury is now open but I have not confirmed this.
    Untrue. I have just spoken with someone who lives on that stretch. I will let you know as soon as I hear it's open.

Think about this fact: Repair to Rt 107 between Stockbridge and Bethel needs enough rock to fill a football field...100 feet deep. http://www.wcax.com/story/15692983/m...edirected=true