Irene romps in the MRV

Moretown Village is under mandatory evacuation orders, Doctor's Brook is flowing down the Moretown Mountain Road, Bridge St. is flooded and it is still pouring. Check out some late afternoon video from inside the storm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-QhPC8_Qx8

John

Pretty windy here at 1800'.
    We drove up from the berkshires early this morning on route 7. Nothing like being trapped with the inlaws to motivate. Rainy but uneventful. Got bad after we got
    settled in.

See Misc. section for link to a Facebook page being continually updated with Irene information.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Looks like Killington lost its main base lodge. Rutland Herald has a picture of it collapsed. Also Rt7 south of Rutland washed out as well as parts of Rt7 North of Rutland on the way to Brandon and Pittsford.

Scotty, can we get a damage report????
    How did Sugarbush make out?

The mountain is supposed to be okay, but the snowmaking pond is going to need major repairs before November. The roads are getting worked on, but may be a long before some of them reopen.

More details to come ...

John

Sorry to hear about all the devastation up there. It's amazing how the storm's last stop in the US was one of the worst. Good luck to all you year-rounders with cleanup and getting things ready for the foliage and winter seasons.

Anyone know if the Golden Lion survived okay?

I didn't notice any damage to the golden lion.
    All the businesses in downtown waitsfield were cleaning out after the flooding. The building closest to the covered bridge is off it's foundation and into the green cup. I saw the pitcher inn cleaning out too.

Hiked at lp this morning and didn't notice any significant damage.

Wow guys, I feel floored, things in MA are fairly calm, I'm completely floored by what I'm seeing on Youtube and elsewhere out of VT. Holy crap!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!