Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can not blame Sugarbush for wanting to try something to drum up new business and attract a younger crowd. Given the price point, I would expect to see a lot of new faces around Sugarbush,... its an awesome deal! My only concern is - I just don't want to see Sugarbush turn into Kmart North. Part of the reason I came from KMart 12 years ago is b/c Sugarbush is such a great place for families to ski. I pay full price for 2 passes + 2 full time blazers (and drop plenty of other cash at the mountain) I don't have an issue with what I am paying - infact its the best $4K+ I spend on my family. I just don't want the vibe of the mountain to become the "mad house" that Killington was when I skied there.

We will never become Killingotn. We do not have the night life. Plain and simple.
    But I can personnaly see what they are doing. The reason why I ended up here at Sugarbush is because of the cheap pass prices from ASC and the High school ski trips I did in the 80's. They got me hooked.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

The 420 pass is a fine idea and I understand the need to attract the new skiers to the mountain. I would like to mention however that the 7-18 pass is more expensive than the 19-29 pass. Im not sure why the mountain would think that a 7-18 year old can afford to pay a higher rate?

But in all seriousness tghe mulitude of pricing options on the Sugarbush page, while offering a many different options could be whittled down a bit. In the majority of cases I would think a recent college grad would be in their twenties and that eliminates the need for a "Recent College Grad Rate", which is slightly higher that the 420 rate. Also most college students will be over 19 and qualitfy for the 420 rate.
    I just think from a business standpoint sometimes less pricing options are better. I would think it would make sens to do away with the overlap. JMHO
    Last edited by rfm; 08-26-2011 at 08:01 AM.

So, is ski patrol going to do their final sweep after 4:20 on the upper mountain so all the 420ers chilling in the woods can be accounted for! great deal but i am too old, but I think they should bring the junior passes in line with the 420 pass as my son is now 13. Unfortunately, for me, I had to relocate for a job this year to Uniontown PA. and my big resort is now 7 springs with a grand total of 750 ft. verticle with 2 six pack quads and more lodging at the base than I could have ever imagined. I am actually only .5 mile to Nemacolin resort which has 300 ft. verticle and fire pit that dwarfs the bushes pit. Gonna miss the place this winter, but plan to make at least one trip up after the big noreaster that hits. hopefully Irene wont wash the mountain out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    We will never become Killingotn. We do not have the night life. Plain and simple.
    But I can personnaly see what they are doing. The reason why I ended up here at Sugarbush is because of the cheap pass prices from ASC and the High school ski trips I did in the 80's. They got me hooked.
    Never say never.. However, I do think that it is up to all of us in the Sugarbush community to maintain the integrity of the place and ensure it doesn't turn into the circus that K-mart became. I am confident that the spirit of the mad river valley will keep the crowd mature and respectful. That said, a little spice to the night life couldn't hurt a bit. Been a while since I have seen the Smokehouse packed on a sat. night.

I suspect there will be a ton more Four20 on the mountain now? Keeping the Green Mountains green ...

my experience..

I think the 420 pass is a good idea.. A friend in marketing at another very nice northern VT resort said they were suprised by the move and are "worried" about it.. so well played there...

I have bought through a group for the last 5 years and the pass has caused havoc with our group.. We had several 20 year olds that used our group in the past and this year they went ahead and purchased their passes independently and not go through our group.

Sugarbush did allow 420's to be included after other groups raised this issue but there are extra steps to go through a group and a lot of the 20's just went online and bought their passes directly from the mountain... So our group, which has never had a problem getting enough people, has struggled.

So here is a group of loyal, long term sugarbush skiers who buy 30-40 passes a year(spread over their families) and if we dont meet our group rate, most will either go to Bolton or Mad River or Mt. Ellen because they are teachers and the money just isn't there...

I just want sugarbush to understand this dynamic and keep it in mind when processing groups this year...

I also think the group application process could be improved.. Group Coordinators no longer get discounts for their considerable effort in putting the groups together. If my wife and I did not coordinate the group then it would fall apart and sugarbush would loose these sales. I think you should either consider incentivising the coordinator in some way or make the process easier (less forms, more online, more self directed) to implement so the it would not be as demanding on the coordinator..

Thanks!
    Last edited by Last Tracks; 09-15-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

In regards to previous post by Last Tracks -- this may be a naive question, but how would I go about finding/joining a group such as this one? Thanks.

here you go... http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-ski...on-passes#corp

It is set up for large organization but small business in VT often go through their local chamber of Commerce, an example is the Champlain Valley Chamber which a lot of small businesses in BTV use..

http://www.vermont.org/chamber/activitydiscounts.aspx
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

How much are the discounts?
    I have a friend at another mtn who just formed a ski club to take advantage of the reduced rates. wondering if this is something to consider?

Thanks, Last Tracks. Sounds like these would be pretty specific and I wouldn't know how to find one that might be relevant for me to be a part of in my area (boston area). I'll keep my eye out though.

Does anyone have any info about joining a club that allows buying a number of day passes in advance of the season (or during even)?

Thanks again.

I grabbed one of these passes on top of a Kmart blackout, because how good a deal it is. I am 28 and besides not having children I am pretty sure I have the same amount of bills as someone in their 30s.

Pretty stoked to explore Sugarbush.

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
    I grabbed one of these passes on top of a Kmart blackout, because how good a deal it is. I am 28 and besides not having children I am pretty sure I have the same amount of bills as someone in their 30s.

Welcome to the board

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea View Post

+ 1 on the welcome!
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

I have been thinking about this a lot, and my final thoughts on this subject is that anything that brings more young women to Sugarbush is just fine with me. In fact it is more than fine. I can see it now, the new marketing slogan: Sugarbush, Cougar and Bald Eagle Capital of the East! Come on down! We've got your prey!

I think it's better than the silly one about sometimes 3 being too many.