Thread: Hiya Everyone!

Hiya Everyone!

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself. If you've been over at AlpineZone recently you have probably seen me posting around. Anyways, my sister and I took over AlpineZone.com as well as SkiMRV and SkiADK a few months ago. I think I've been fairly neglectful (sorry!) about these two spin-off sites; but I do want to just say I have some ideas on keeping these sites alive, thriving, and growing.

My introduction post over on AZ is here: http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=93107

Again, sorry for not coming over here sooner! Hope you guys all can welcome me to this community. I haven't yet skied Mad River but I plan on changing that this winter, big time!

-Nick

You can email me at nick@alpinezone.com or send me a PM if you have any questions! One of the first things I want to do is see about upgrading to a new release of PHPBB here so that I can implement a proper spam filter so new users can actually register easily. Right now, it's fairly complex as we get 20 - 50 spam registrations a day and there is no easy way to filter out the garbage. So I think a lot of people that want to join the conversation are probably prevented from doing so just by that fact alone.

Hope you are all having a nice summer!

welcome aboard and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    welcome aboard and good luck
    Thanks Howie!

All kinds of friendly going on in here Nick.

Great to have you aboard.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    All kinds of friendly going on in here Nick.

Great to have you aboard.
    Thanks!

As a heads-up, I'm looking into doing a forum software upgrade here from PHPBB to vBulletin. This would help out in many ways, but primarily vBulletin has much better spam protection which I think will enable me to allow users to register themselves (yay) - right now I have to filter everyone here and I think we probably lose a lot of members because of it.

Stay tuned!

Nick:
    An upgrade to vBulletin is long overdue and would be greatly appreciated.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Good Tree skiing to You Nick

Quote Originally Posted by gostan
    Nick:
    An upgrade to vBulletin is long overdue and would be greatly appreciated.
    Yeah, I'm definitely going to do it. I will go to Vbulletin 4.0 which is above the 3.x version that AZ is running on.

Stay tuned!

Thanks Nick! The upgrade looks great, and very appreciated (as I always had trouble getting a log-in set-up on the old format..some glitch kept on happening); but I was able to successfully set up yesterday (yay) - long time viewer, first time poster. Cheers to a great season coming up.

Ditto!

Also...a long-time reader but first-time post-er. Enjoy the final 5 weeks of summer, everyone...winter is almost one season closer! What a cool community we have at Sugarbush...

Thanks everyone and welcome as well! I'm glad the registration process will now be less painful and people can actually actively sign up to comment without needing my intervention every time (which certainly became tedious to manage).
    Welcome to SkiMRV!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Thanks everyone and welcome as well! I'm glad the registration process will now be less painful and people can actually actively sign up to comment without needing my intervention every time (which certainly became tedious to manage).
    Fantastic! It will be good to get some new blood in the mix.