Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am researching the issue and will respond. Whenever I have asked about this in the past, the answer was "we are required to do it this way." Many thanks to Mike for researching deeper, pun intended.

Just to be clear, Egan and I (and many others) have always advocated for flush stump cuts in woods lines and on the edges of trails.

More to come ...

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    I am researching the issue and will respond. Whenever I have asked about this in the past, the answer was "we are required to do it this way." Many thanks to Mike for researching deeper, pun intended.

Just to be clear, Egan and I (and many others) have always advocated for flush stump cuts in woods lines and on the edges of trails.

More to come ...
    speculating here but maybe cutting the stumps flush has a tendency to disturb the ground with the saw and thats what they are trying to avoid??

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson View Post

More to come ...
    Still interested in your update on this issue...
    I'm from Vermont and I ski where I want.

We are supposed to be cutting flush going forward and ask for help in identifying previously cut spots that need attention. Sorry for the delay in updating.

Does this help with the concerns?

John

We are supposed to be cutting flush going forward and ask for help in identifying previously cut spots that need attention. Sorry for the delay in updating.

John
    Certainly does from my perspective. Maybe we can use this thread to bring to light specific areas in need of improvement?

Yay!

John
    Yes, thanks.