Thread: Castlerock?

Castlerock?

Does anyone know if castlerock is closed for good or is there enough snow to open this weekend? BTW, I'm pretty sure we'd be willing to walk if the road is washed out.

Almost certain its closed for the season.

Closed unless it snows!

Is this a guess or did you guys get the official word? What are you basing that on? Your answers are very short. Are all the natural snow trails all grass or what?

Runout gone - most likely the curve at the liftline before the bridge gone as well - that was getting thin last Friday
    Trails looked pretty shot, as viewed from Heaven's Gate
    Patrol and lift shacks cleaned out
    Way too much snow was lost Monday in the warm weather and downpours

Elsewhere on the hill, Lower Birdland has closed, Lower Paradise is mostly gone, and Twist/Moonshine have significant bare patches.
    Snowmaking trails were still looking really good yesterday (those off Bravo and Heaven's Gate). Even Spills had excellent coverage but heard Domino was quite bare.

Gate House/North Lynx "MAY" reopen for the weekend, but given the present forecast for some more rain coming in for the weekend along with high winds, I wouldn't hold my breath on getting the Gate House pod back. Of course things "COULD" change. Our groomers have been known to put things back together pretty well in the past.

OK, thanks. That's much more definitive. Bummer, though.

The snow report confirms it is closed unless we get more snow.