Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Open or Closed. April Schedule?

Open or Closed. April Schedule? On the web site there are several Easter (April 24) events,which indicates open. But the rumor on the ground is that starting after Sunday April 17th Sugarbush will go to a weekend only open schedule. With Monday April 18th being Patriots' Day and that week being school vacation.

What are the plans for mid-week April 18-22?

I personally hope we are open. I really hope we stay open way into May or/un-till we run out of snow, even if it's only weekends after Easter.

Looks like a snowy week! Adding depth

Re: Open or Closed. April Schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    What are the plans for mid-week April 18-22?
    That week is school Vacation here.

Here's the Word-

Mt. Ellen closing this Sunday (no change).

LP will be open daily through 4/17. As that weekend approaches the conditions will be assessed in order to make a determination for the school vacation week. In recent years, LP has been open for that week if conditions allowed.

Though the "planned" closing date is 4/17, assessments will also be made regarding weekend service on an ongoing basis from that point.

Beginning 3/28, hours of operation will be midweek 10-5 and weekends 9-5, allowing time for snow to soften prior to opening. Updates on conditions and schedules will be posted as they are determined.

Your humble servant,
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

As Tree indicates, Monday April 18th is Patriots Day, which is a legal holiday here in Massachusetts. I know that many of us Massachusetts season tix holders would hope, request, ask, suggest, etc...........that LP be open on that Monday, as we will all be skiing that weekend. To be up for the weekend and have the mountain closed on Monday (assuming that there is sufficient snow) would be a "down" way to end what has been a fab season for all of us Sb supporters from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Not to mention that April 22 is good Friday. Another holiday that lots of people have off.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    Not to mention that April 22 is good Friday. Another holiday that lots of people have off.
    School vacation week here in NY. I know my family is hoping the mountain stays open through Easter if conditoins permit.

If we can, we will.

To clarify next week's schedule. Bravo opens at 10am and closes at 5pm on weekdays and 9am and 5pm respectively on weekends. All other lifts run 10am to 4pm just like last year. Gate House cafeteria opens 30 minutes before the lifts and Sunrise cafe opens at 8:30am everyday.

Pond skimming and Chez Henri race this Saturday and final BBQ at ME this Sunday.

Its a very early closing for Mt Ellen this year especially with all the snow. Isn't it usually open until atleast the first weekend in April?

Quote Originally Posted by Xskier
    Its a very early closing for Mt Ellen this year especially with all the snow. Isn't it usually open until atleast the first weekend in April?
    It was the same weekend last year I think. Might have been even earlier. We had warm rainy weather is all I remember.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

We have closed the last Sunday in March the past few years, and we put this out at the beginning of the season and in all ME pass confirmations. Unfortunately, the demand for skiing and riding dries up after this weekend to the point where having two separate base areas and mountains doesn't work financially. However, as we have in the past several years, we will try to keep as much of LP open through Easter weekend and perhaps longer.

It frustrates me that people are so eager to ski in November and December and pass on the wonderful month of April.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    We have closed the last Sunday in March the past few years, and we put this out at the beginning of the season and in all ME pass confirmations. Unfortunately, the demand for skiing and riding dries up after this weekend to the point where having two separate base areas and mountains doesn't work financially. However, as we have in the past several years, we will try to keep as much of LP open through Easter weekend and perhaps longer.

It frustrates me that people are so eager to ski in November and December and pass on the wonderful month of April.
    My season is over. torn acl on Sunrise sunday morning. So I am most eager to ski November and December. This weekend is looking great though. enjoy some for me.

HowieT2,

Sorry to hear about that especially with the weeks we have left. See you on the slopes in November!

HowieT2,

Sorry to hear about that especially with the weeks we have left. See you on the slopes in November!
    Thanks. You will see more beforehand. I want to use this as an opportunity to drink more at the crp. The way I look at this, it was inevitable and as much as I'll miss the next few weeks, end of march is a pretty good timing. I did fall just shy of my 40 day goal. Not bad for an employed New Yorker.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2

My season is over. torn acl on Sunrise sunday morning. So I am most eager to ski November and December. This weekend is looking great though. enjoy some for me.
    Howie!!!!!#*@! That really sucks dude. I can feel your pain as I went through that also a while back. Wishing you a quick recovery. Do the PT hard and get on the bike. Good Luck.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2

Howie!!!!!#*@! That really sucks dude. I can feel your pain as I went through that also a while back. Wishing you a quick recovery. Do the PT hard and get on the bike. Good Luck.
    You seem to be skiing pretty well post injury so that makes me optimistic. The only person I know who didn't have a good recovery was a guy who didn't work it hard.