Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Quote Originally Posted by win
    We have closed the last Sunday in March the past few years, and we put this out at the beginning of the season and in all ME pass confirmations. Unfortunately, the demand for skiing and riding dries up after this weekend to the point where having two separate base areas and mountains doesn't work financially. However, as we have in the past several years, we will try to keep as much of LP open through Easter weekend and perhaps longer.

It frustrates me that people are so eager to ski in November and December and pass on the wonderful month of April.
    My season is over. torn acl on Sunrise sunday morning. So I am most eager to ski November and December. This weekend is looking great though. enjoy some for me.
    Howie!!!!!#*@! That really sucks dude. I can feel your pain as I went through that also a while back. Wishing you a quick recovery. Do the PT hard and get on the bike. Good Luck.
    You seem to be skiing pretty well post injury so that makes me optimistic. The only person I know who didn't have a good recovery was a guy who didn't work it hard.
    I had a great orthopedic Doctor that has done many a famous knee. He came in first day and ask what my goals were. I told him I wanted to ski at the same level and he said there is no reason that I couldn't if I worked hard. A good PT guy and hard work are crutial. I also skied at 75% the first 1/2 year after to be safe. All in all the knee is solid and I only have a few aches on cold rainy days.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

From today's snow report:

HOT OFF THE PRESS: Lincoln Peak 'official' closing date extended to allow daily operation through Sunday, April 24th...with dates beyond, as conditions allow, TBD!

Brilliant!

This should help with my 70+ day goal. (56 so far)

Hopefully a soft powder weekend coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by "HowieTte

My season is over. torn acl on Sunrise sunday morning. So I am most eager to ski November and December. This weekend is looking great though. enjoy some for me.
    Friend of mine cracked her Tibia on Saturday on Domino trying to ski the hard bumps. Good luck healing and you should be fine. Friend of mine is on his second knee ACL and has been fine with other knee since surgery. He rides a board and also rides dirt bikes. So, you will heal and be back!

Pond Skimming

Win may want to think about postponing this Saturday's scheduled pond skimming event. A high of 27 degrees might allow for some ice skimming, but it is definitely going to help prolong/extend our ski season. Long term forecast is for below normal temps for the next week & a half.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Re: Pond Skimming

Quote Originally Posted by gostan
    Win may want to think about postponing this Saturday's scheduled pond skimming event. A high of 27 degrees might allow for some ice skimming, but it is definitely going to help prolong/extend our ski season. Long term forecast is for below normal temps for the next week & a half.
    A few years ago, it was 22 degrees. The water was warmer than the air. I think they said they would delay it if it was less than 20 degrees.

Pond skiimming is on. We are already building the pond, and I will be the first across. It looks like the sun will be out and thus a nice day Saturday as well as Sunday.

...I will be the first across.
    Across or IN?

Someone had to ask...

I had a great orthopedic Doctor that has done many a famous knee. He came in first day and ask what my goals were. I told him I wanted to ski at the same level and he said there is no reason that I couldn't if I worked hard. A good PT guy and hard work are crutial. I also skied at 75% the first 1/2 year after to be safe. All in all the knee is solid and I only have a few aches on cold rainy days.
    Any recommendations for a good knee replacement doctor that will replace with a knee that is geared towards skiing? I am sick of being on the sidelines for 9 years now and really want to ski again. I've been told I am too young, was 34 at the time and now 43. Potentially need a double knee replacement or at the very least 1 knee replaced and 1 knee totally reconstructed. I am tired of being bitter person in the winter.

We have closed the last Sunday in March the past few years, and we put this out at the beginning of the season and in all ME pass confirmations. Unfortunately, the demand for skiing and riding dries up after this weekend to the point where having two separate base areas and mountains doesn't work financially. However, as we have in the past several years, we will try to keep as much of LP open through Easter weekend and perhaps longer.

It frustrates me that people are so eager to ski in November and December and pass on the wonderful month of April.
    I don't get it either. April when the weather is nice is the best time to ski and ride. I see it at my house too. Only a handful of people will come up after pond skimming weekend. That is why it needs to be pushed back a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Xskier
    Any recommendations for a good knee replacement doctor that will replace with a knee that is geared towards skiing? I am sick of being on the sidelines for 9 years now and really want to ski again. I've been told I am too young, was 34 at the time and now 43. Potentially need a double knee replacement or at the very least 1 knee replaced and 1 knee totally reconstructed. I am tired of being bitter person in the winter.
    seriously?

I'm having a sale on a used 43 year old knee. If you're interested I can show you my MRI come monday.

I don't get it either. April when the weather is nice is the best time to ski and ride. I see it at my house too. Only a handful of people will come up after pond skimming weekend. That is why it needs to be pushed back a few weeks
    From a family perspective, the kids spring sports pick up in April so that may be why.

Nearby in RutVegas

http://www.isporttraining.com/

The main reason Pond Skimming is done in the end of March/beginnning of April is snow. If we waited until mid-April, the likelihood of having enough stockpiled to make a decent pond is much lower. We like clear water and a massive pond!

As for getting people here later in the season, we are slowly turning the tide, but other activities like Howie mentioned are a constant distraction. Perhaps we should just cut all school spring sports to help with stretched school budgets. It would be a Win-win ...

John

Could be crusty

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    The main reason Pond Skimming is done in the end of March/beginnning of April is snow. If we waited until mid-April, the likelihood of having enough stockpiled to make a decent pond is much lower. We like clear water and a massive pond!

As for getting people here later in the season, we are slowly turning the tide, but other activities like Howie mentioned are a constant distraction. Perhaps we should just cut all school spring sports to help with stretched school budgets. It would be a Win-win ...

John
    I'd rather have the unseasonable cold this weekend then MLK, but, It could give the term "zipper crust" a new meaning if it freezes the pond a bit.