Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roxbury Gap

Roxbury Gap

If it were me, I would avoid the gravel roads for a while....

Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Re: Roxbury Gap

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    If it were me, I would avoid the gravel roads for a while....
    I was just wondering that as I plan my departure. Do you have bad reports coming in?
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

This morning, 4 cars off/stuck on Roxbury Gap. Flatbed stuck. I couldn't drive in today, Mr. noski had to drive me in the PU. My AWD Ford Fusion was just not high off the ground for the depth of this year's mud. MAYBE if it cools down a lot, and MAYBE if towns grade the roads when cold, you could make it through. Today's wind is actually a great help.

If Treeskier reads this, there is a HELLATIOUS frost heave just above the Knoll Farm. It will sneak up on you. Not bad going down, but disaster going up if you are too fast.

Heard it is now closed through the weekend. I imagine the spot by the alpaca farm is where it's nasty.

Thanks NoSki. It's been on Bragg Hill for a few weeks now. When you see the Knoll Farm Rd. sign steer out of it's way.

Roxbury Gap is officially closed. I would be very surprised if Moretown Gap is still passable too. Stick to the paved roads and watch out for frost heaves and potholes! Check back for updates as cooler temps return tonight.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskier
    Thanks NoSki. It's been on Bragg Hill for a few weeks now. When you see the Knoll Farm Rd. sign steer out of it's way.
    Yes, I go that way every day, just didn't know if you had been up in the last couple weeks. Someone nicely hung pink surveyor's tape in the trees and bushes so we could see it. The edge of the road there, btw is beginning to come apart.

If coming from the south, take Exit 3 and take 107W to 100N. Blackmer Blvd is a shortcut, just past the school in Stockbridge, but part of that is now dirt. Only a small part and relatively flat.

Thanks for the updates, and the reminder that it's the time of year to take the long way.

Quote Originally Posted by teleo
    Thanks for the updates, and the reminder that it's the time of year to take the long way.
    Good advice! Bethel Mtn Rd is all paved but I bet there are some huge frost heaves on it. 100B>100 is in good shape but there are some potholes.

After two glorious days of spring skiing the weekend looks pretty sunny with some cooler temps.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

just got in. west hill road is like molasses. hate that feeling.

Roxbury Gap is open again, due to road crew efforts and cooler temps. I'd be very hesitant to try it on Sunday afternoon though.

John

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    If coming from the south, take Exit 3 and take 107W to 100N. Blackmer Blvd is a shortcut, just past the school in Stockbridge, but part of that is now dirt. Only a small part and relatively flat.
    Took that route recently and the "rough road" part is full of holes. I went the long way home down 107 and not many holes but hit one frostheave that felt like an amusement park ride. Kinda fun actually. ; } p.s. good tires, good shocks. cat and dog liked it too!

Just trying to plan the travel for Friday - is the Gap Ok for travel?

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    Just trying to plan the travel for Friday - is the Gap Ok for travel?
    A Gap update for us flatlanders would be welcomed.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"