Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We update our measurements at our 1pm snowplan. We had people up top until we closed the lifts for the day.

As a house member would say "It was an eraser storm!" Produced a clean plate. Plus only Brovo open till noon, CastleRock & GateHouse opened. Even Mad Rivers single was open till noon. Should be another good one tomorrow. The blogs are saying it was the 5 th largest VT storm. May be Ryan's last Haarah!

Tuesday I probably had my BEST day of the season at Lincoln Peak... quite possibly my best day of riding EVER! And today was good as well over at Mt Ellen.
    First time trails for me during this period included Stein's, Spinout, and Southbound.

Here are the links to my trip reports:

TUE/LP: http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=92134

WED/ME: http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php?t=92215

Some fresh Egan video from today is here. I've got a storm/ day after edit coming soon too.

John

Mother Natures Art!

in Gangster Grotto

Below was on the Head Wall of Lew's Line!

An on the patio

Let's hope this next weather event is more of the same!

Back to snow dancing.

My Tuesday hooky madness...

....was well worth it. Sweet snow, tons of freshies. Focused my efforts on Slidebrook, trees. Grabbed first tracks on a rarely "in condition" line that needs lots of coverage that I've been wanting to bag for a long time. One of Sugarbush's most prominent "roadside attractions". Some of the turns had snow consistency that I scratched my chin about...then....lightbulb going on I realized I'd been there before....and it was in AK...Valdez Velvet. On an open, south facing aspect. My Big Dumps were hungry....and I'm pleased to say they feasted until gorged.

Slidebrook lines just had tons of fresh (lighter, less velvety) on top of the tamped down and consolidated base, allowing an extra level of throwing caution to the winds while just flowing, popping off features and smiling ear to ear. A few aspects up high were wind scoured, or that funky buff, but all the "usual suspects" skied well, most any aspect. Lots of smiling faces and "usual suspect" pow hounds at the bus stop. Hit North for another flowy pow fest back to bus, hitting another sweet not so often hit track. Good stuff.

The 24 hour hooky formula (monday night 7pm to tuesday night 7pm): 10 hours of driving (512 miles), 5 hours sleep, 5 hours pow, 2 hours work (voice/e-mail) via smartphone, 2 hours misc. (equipment prep, eat, stand for 1st chair, shower) was well worth it for a VERY memorable day in the valley.

And here's to hoping any weather bullets are dodged, and some more fresh finds its way onto the hills for a great weekend...