Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ski_resort_observer
    Hey Plow...ya know Molson's was founded in Montreal, that's in Quebec. That foreign language you hear them speak down here is french or at least a form of french, right. Ya know that they speak french in France. Soooooooo I am sure you can some Molson in France.
    I find it disturbing that I actually followed that line of reasoning. Thanks for trying, sro! POWDER TO THE PEOPLE! (let it snow!)
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

so what's the good word? how much so far? still snowing? road conditions?

Going to be a slow drive up from Boston tonight! Safe travels everyone.

6" so far.... still snowing a little bit but the wind is really starting to pick up. At least at mid mountain, the snow remained quite powdery all day - a lot drier than originally forecasted.

We made it through the day today with all (16) lifts operating from start to finish. We MAY not be that lucky tomorrow.

Safe travels - the roads could be dicey.

I'd guess more than 6" but who knows the way the winds picked up after it got dark. It is howling out now.
    The snow is definitely drier than anticipated. It should be blown into the woods nicely for tomorrow.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Roads were in pretty good condition coming up tonight. Looks like about 12" of fluffy goodness in the parking lot (not plowed at 9pm). Wind was strong on the highway, not too bad coming into the valley. Should be a good day tomorrow.
    C U bright and early. Its a powder day after all.

btw Josh Fox is suggesting a clipper tomorrow night as well. Maybe a little more love for the weekend.

Hmm, I have a real hard time believing 12". There was definately only 6" as of 4pm, and there has been very little snow since then. Wind is howling now, hopefully it fills in the woods.

snowing

6-8" out my window.

The wind kicked up yesterday and drifted the snow, so it might look deeper in spots. Skied lift line and aimed for the drifts... some were soft, some where hiding ice monsters.

I think Mtn Ops team has done a great job flattening out the ice humps and getting ready for the snow. Looks to be a good day ahead of us.

I heard Slidebrook was the only area not to get any snow....

Quote Originally Posted by shadyjay
    We made it through the day today with all (16) lifts operating from start to finish. We MAY not be that lucky tomorrow.
    Okay, so I was wrong, but the original forecast for winds 40-60 mph wasn't looking too good. But it all worked out, all lifts ran as scheduled, and there were A LOT of smiling faces out there today. And a few inches coming tonight, too!