Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    today was merely a minor shortwave moving through behind some high pressure we had yesterday and this morning, and that the real coastal low doesnt even affect the region until late tonight
    Yes, that's what I understand too which is why I'm driving from Cambridge after dinner. The forecasts are calling for lighter snow in the evening and overnight. The radar is showing a big gap right now too.

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics
    my understanding about this storm (or set of storms) is that today was merely a minor shortwave moving through behind some high pressure we had yesterday and this morning, and that the real coastal low doesnt even affect the region until late tonight
    I thought that todays precipitation was caused by warm air advection ahead of the low, but I don't really know what the heck im talking about.
    BTW-anyone care to speculate about the system for saturday night-sunday. BTV mentions it in its forecast discussion but haven't seen any other talk about it.

Some video from today in the MRV. We are in the lull now, but more to come!

John

Board Meeting Open

What I sent out to my friends:

It is looking, after reviewing the market forecast, that we may need a board* meeting on Wed. to be held first on the large wooden conference room table at or ski house followed by field trip to review the piling up assests. I suspect that we may need to divide the liquid assets amongst ourselves. To include reviewing the cool facts. Or is that face shots J

Writing from the ski house with many board members attending waiting for the lifts to open! ~ 5-6 inches on the cars in the driveway.

Is it fair to assume by the lack of updates, that all of our intrepid reporters are busy collecting precise data from the field?

sleet and a coating of ice in central CT. not enough ice to make the snow tube go fast down the driveway! heading up Friday! Tumbler is skiing well per a friend getting the goods!

Second hand from a friend in position. "SICK SICK SICK" "LAPS ON CR LIKE NEVER BEFORE"

Quote Originally Posted by slaw
    Second hand from a friend in position. "SICK SICK SICK" "LAPS ON CR LIKE NEVER BEFORE"
    I would definitely concur with that statement. I took a Domino to 5 runs on Castlerock, Murphy's to a spectacular Lower Birdland (!!), Birch, Sleeper, and such.

Outside of the ferocious winds at the very top of CR, it was a great day!

I don't know about "laps on CR like never before", but it was great and continuing to improve. This batch seems dense and slabs are cracking impressively in untrodden areas.

You know it's good when the shoveling and roof raking start getting intense. Be careful of roof-alanches!

John

p.s. We are still blowing snow too! This may be the last day, but the piles on Fling and in the base area are like thirty feet deep.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    p.s. We are still blowing snow too! This may be the last day, but the piles on Fling and in the base area are like thirty feet deep.
    No, second round on Steins needed I guess! The webcam is cool! Being able to see the pile under the fan gun increase! and the blizzard like conditions on Spring Fling has been good stoke!

JA, my boy tends to get excited when its snows. I'm sure part of his passion lies in making me feel jealous and get my a$$ up there.

Did heavens gate open at all today? would be a real shame if it didn't run 'till say....saturday morning.

any update on totals? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Did heavens gate open at all today? would be a real shame if it didn't run 'till say....saturday morning.
    The only disappointment of the day.......but what a day it was. Well worth the 5 hour crappy drive from west of Boston late yesterday.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Got about 8" to 10" near the base of ME not including the 3 from yesterday. My son skied all day. He said the Summit chair at ME was closed all day too.