Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Groundhog Day Storm observations and stories!

Been dancing for a while now.
    Heading up in a few minutes. Let use this thread for storm updates and stories! May they be BIG!

The picture I use under my post was taken on a midweek powder adventure just like this. The skier is going with me. That storm was waist deep!

What's the local forecast? When is most of the snow going to hit? I can ski either Wednesday or Thursday and need some info.
    Thanks

You are a total corksoaker!!!!

Rip it up Tree. Maybe I see you on Friday but I can not get work off right now with 10 days off later this month. I will be watching
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

What's the local forecast? When is most of the snow going to hit? I can ski either Wednesday or Thursday and need some info.
    If you're local then I would ski Thursday since there is less chance of wind and all the snow will be on the ground by then. Since I'm driving from the Boston area, I'm going to try and go tonight while I can still get there and head back on Thursday night when the driving is reasonable again. (of course, I'll be back on the road friday night.)

I plucked down my 50 cents for 18-24" here at the Bush on Thursday morning in the snowstorm fantasy pool.
    www.firstlightphotographics.com
    Sugarbusher since 1970
    Skiing is a dance, and the mountain always leads.

Quote Originally Posted by sgottmann
    Thanks
    Try this on. He does a nice job.

http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/...-ny-vt-and-nh/

Thanks for the quick replies. I am driving up from Albany area -- local mets are calling for at least 18 here. Could ski at Gore or S. Vt but is sweeter at the Bush. Only fear that you all will steal all the fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    If you're local then I would ski Thursday since there is less chance of wind and all the snow will be on the ground by then. Since I'm driving from the Boston area, I'm going to try and go tonight while I can still get there and head back on Thursday night when the driving is reasonable again. (of course, I'll be back on the road friday night.)
    That is impressive dedication. Can't blow off Friday too?

With a long storm like this, picking the best day is a challenge. Storm skiing is the freshest, and wind usually follows.

I say ski every day just to be sure.

John

p.s. Dumping straight down in Moretown. I'm going for a little front yard tour today, then ESGE training tomorrow. Big Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson

The best advice yet. Words to live by. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    haven't used this one in a while: ROTFLOL

So any observations on how much snow fell today?

There's probably two inches at my house in Moretown at 1150' and it's been picking up for the last hour or so.

John

About 2" Near ME. light snow...15 F.....no wind....very quiet.....the calm before the storm.

radar looks to have thinned out. waiting for the main event.

my understanding about this storm (or set of storms) is that today was merely a minor shortwave moving through behind some high pressure we had yesterday and this morning, and that the real coastal low doesnt even affect the region until late tonight