Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Superbowl options....

The Castlerock Pub hasn't closed at 5:00 on a Sunday since October! The pub's hours are business dependant, so why not vote with your feet and place yourself in there Sunday afternoon and keep the place going for the game--enough people there will keep the bar open. The Superbowl has been a quiet night for us in the past and hasn't justified staying open past halftime since 2005. Talk's cheap--typing's cheaper--show me the bodies!

Re: Superbowl options....

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker
    The Castlerock Pub hasn't closed at 5:00 on a Sunday since October! The pub's hours are business dependant, so why not vote with your feet and place yourself in there Sunday afternoon and keep the place going for the game--enough people there will keep the bar open. The Superbowl has been a quiet night for us in the past and hasn't justified staying open past halftime since 2005. Talk's cheap--typing's cheaper--show me the bodies!
    What???? I guess talk is cheap, like when I was told it closes at 5 and would not be open. Interesting marketing strategy. and it has never been open in the past, so I don't know how you can say it has been a quiet night (well, I guess when the doors are shut and lights are out, it's bound to be quiet). Believe me, Ive tried. Now granted, I haven't parked myself at the bar after skiing and refused to leave on my own feet.
    But, whatever, good news, save me a table for 9. wings, nachos, beer. what more could a man ask for. Thank you. see you there.

Re: Superbowl options....

The fact that there is confusion on this point indicates a communication problem though, right? People would vote with their bodies if their eyes and ears were made aware of the facts.

Timber's will be open for your Super Bowl viewing pleasure. Two big screens!

And we have some lodging specials. Check the website

Quote Originally Posted by atkinson
    Timbers is nice and all, but not really a preferred football game watching venue.

"The fact that there is confusion on this point indicates a communication problem though, right? People would vote with their bodies if their eyes and ears were made aware of the facts." TW

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2
    Timbers is nice and all, but not really a preferred football game watching venue.
    You guys complain way too much! Come,... its a football game and there are plenty of options to watch if you want to. What I dont' get is if you ski all day on Sat +Sunday and then spend your Sunday night driving in the car(like i do) how can you even be a football fan?

How about smoking all day and trying to be a football fan? Sunday the Smokehouse serves 1/2 price wings, $2 pulled pork sliders, $2 Narragansett drafts,
    $3 VT and Guinness drafts.

Quote Originally Posted by djd66
    "The fact that there is confusion on this point indicates a communication problem though, right? People would vote with their bodies if their eyes and ears were made aware of the facts." TW

You guys complain way too much! Come,... its a football game and there are plenty of options to watch if you want to. What I dont' get is if you ski all day on Sat +Sunday and then spend your Sunday night driving in the car(like i do) how can you even be a football fan?
    ever hear of tivo and the nfl network?

Quote Originally Posted by Localsmoker
    How about smoking all day and trying to be a football fan? Sunday the Smokehouse serves 1/2 price wings, $2 pulled pork sliders, $2 Narragansett drafts,
    Are the new mugs in yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrdstrt
    Quote Originally Posted by Localsmoker
    Are the new mugs in yet?

New mugs are hanging!

well the Pine Tree Pub was good and standing room only. Plenty of patrons at the CRP around 5 when the kitchen closed and they started putting chairs up on the tables. Maybe next year.

I don't see how this:

Jibes with this:
    well the Pine Tree Pub was good and standing room only. Plenty of patrons at the CRP around 5 when the kitchen closed and they started putting chairs up on the tables. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    I don't see how this:

Jibes with this:
    To be clear, the bar was technically open when we left at about 5:15. and I'm sure they didn't kick anyone out. However, with no food it wasn't a viable option for my crew. and the TVs were tuned to a cindy crawford infomercial (she is pleasant to look at) and the hockey game. no football.
    and considering, they were packing the place up, the kitchen was closed and they told everyone they would be closed, there were plenty of people there when we left. One could imagine a pretty good turnout, should they choose to make something of it next year.