Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have to side with GS and Davious. The kids in their groups are far better and alot of the adults I see in there. I have no issues with the blazer groups. Plus small light kids on wide skis = FLOAT. They are far better suited for the thin cover.

The issues I have are more with the "Woods Wanabees". These are people who are brought into slidebrook with their friend that is a so call "Expert". He tells them that the woods are great and that he will show them the goods. The result is 5 first timers and 1 intermedeate at best making turkey tracks all across the areas. IMHO there are way to many people way over their heads in slidebrook. It will take one major accident or fatality and the whole thing will be shut down.

It was better before when the mountain didn't advertise and you earned your way into slidebrook with people that knew the code and maintained the woods. All the tracks and lines were skied fall line which made the snow last longer, even in thin cover times. Not this taversing, snowplow, side slip madness that occurs now.

Ah the old days.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1321
    Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    In addition to what GS said, the Blazer groups always go in with at least two coaches, at least one of whom is Ski Patrol Outdoor Emergency Care tech or EMT. They check in with North Lynx patrol, they sign in and out with Dispatch, and they only go if it's been checked out and deemed to be safe by Blazer supervisors. These kids train for the woods and they handle it better than most, IMO. A bigger problem I think is people who freak out when they see Blazers going in and feel compelled to practically push the kids out of the way to get ahead of them. The Blazers are only using the three most traveled lines. If you're not keen on seeing them out there, choose a different route. And chill!
    I think you need to chill - I just made one comment that SOME of the Blazer groups aren't exactly great in the trees. I'm not attacking the coaches or saying that most of them don't belong there. There are clearly others that don't belong in there too.

It's also a bit frustrating to get behind a group of 15 people. What happened to the rule where you go in groups of 8 max in the woods?

Double Income No Kids?

Just a hunch.
    Absolutely. And loving it that way!