Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slide brook

Exactly, I had to contain my grunting so my co-workers will think I'm still working.

I wish I had one of those wholesome, refreshing, back to nature jobs like that guy. Mmm... I can smell the pine and diesel fuel from here. The wind blowing and the birds chirping. Scratch that. Not so many birds around the feller-buncher... at least not live ones.

Hmm. I'm starting to think my summer plans are a bit foolish. That thing would be a bitch to park here in Cambridge.

I just got word that the gate is open and the skiing is as good as it gets in there. No word on the waterbars.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    I just got word that the gate is open and the skiing is as good as it gets in there. No word on the waterbars.
    Whoever gave you that 'word' is either in your will or has his eye or your wife/girlfriend, or is simply dangerously stupid. While there was some really nice skiing on the low angle stuff Friday/ Sat, there is no real base at all. It is far, far from being as good as it gets. Get a new information source before you get maimed. And the waterbars are epic.

My source is a very well known individual who will remain nameless. Although we can s*t all over him if we want since he never reads the chat room :) . He also got in there on Friday before the mountain hoards had there way with the place. I have to agree that it was not "as good as it gets" but I found it pretty skiable. I'm probably not the typical case though. I tend to stay in the untracked stuff.

As far as the waterbars go, I'm not surprised. Until the groomer makes its pass, it's pretty hellish especially on a board. I've had to break that trail before on a board with a foot of fresh. That was no fun. It was also a waste of time.

I think the woods are still pretty thin and everyone should stay on the trails until we get at least 2-3 more feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    My source is a very well known individual who will remain nameless. Although we can s*t all over him if we want since he never reads the chat room . He also got in there on Friday before the mountain hoards had there way with the place. I have to agree that it was not "as good as it gets" but I found it pretty skiable. I'm probably not the typical case though. I tend to stay in the untracked stuff.

As far as the waterbars go, I'm not surprised. Until the groomer makes its pass, it's pretty hellish especially on a board. I've had to break that trail before on a board with a foot of fresh. That was no fun. It was also a waste of time.
    I think I know who you are talking about. I ran into his tracks in Broadway Baby. Definately not as good as it gets. That sounds like an in your face I skied on Friday report if you ask me. We need more snow in the woods to counteract the traversing, side slipping, snow plowers that chew up all the main lines.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Thin Woods

I've been in and out of a bunch of spots, and there's no consistent cover.