Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slide brook

Slide brook

Does anyone know if any groomers found there way into slide brook yet? It's about the time of year that the water bars from hell should be banished until spring. I'm pretty sure the chair won't be running this weekend so there is no evac issue with the water bars but it would sure be nice...

Also, the last time I was there for a trial check the gate was closed on the road out. I assume that problem is fixed.

The gate is still closed, the waterbars are nasty, there is very little snow on the bottom and they have been running equipment in and out of the logging area so the flat is all torn up with rocks showing. Hows that for an anwser.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Ouch....

WTF. Is it not ski season? I'm pretty sure it's not logging season but I've never logged much. (I sung a song about a lumberjack once or twice.)

Skiing out with the tire tracks is pretty sucky. I though sugarbush was blazing a new trail next to the road. Whatever happened to that idea?

I assumed that flocks a boarders had pounded the trails flat by now even though there wasn't enough snow. Teenage snowboarders are really convenient as rock, stump, and snow-snake revealing devices.

I groomed it for you last weekend. Can't comment on water bars or run outs as I took a route back to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardbooter
    WTF. Is it not ski season? I'm pretty sure it's not logging season but I've never logged much. (I sung a song about a lumberjack once or twice.)
    Generally logging is done in the winter when the ground is frozen because there is less damage to the ground when the equipment skids the logs out.

That's at least what is done in Vermont. I don't know what is done for logging in Cambridge, Massachusetts......

Quote Originally Posted by summitchallenger
    Generally logging is done in the winter when the ground is frozen because there is less damage to the ground when the equipment skids the logs out.

That's at least what is done in Vermont. I don't know what is done for logging in Cambridge, Massachusetts......
    I am sure that Cambridge, MA employs more workers who ski and ride, than who log. I also suspect that all Alex is asking is why skiers and riders cannot yet ride out of Slidebrook safely and easilty by this point in the ski/ride season,notwithstanding snow conditions up in the woods.
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

They don't allow logging in the Peoples Republic of Cambride.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Hawk's answer is spot on.

I skinned in there last weekend. Gate locked with a leg catcher jutting out on one side which will really hurt if you hit it going through. tire ruts throughout. Therre was still some exposed water in bars and alongs dips on trails. I wouldn't recommend going, especially not alone and definelty not without a full emergency kit with you.

I'd like to skin there tomorrow and I'd like to not be alone but so far I have no takers on either excursion this weekend. I don't care too much about thin snow and rocks except that my split board is definitely NOT my rock board.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I won't be alone in there. I might be alone on the way up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    They don't allow logging in the Peoples Republic of Cambride.
    That's because there are no trees to log in Cambridge...

Actually, we try not to do any logging here in Cambridge because the hippies live in the trees.

That's actually true. If you stroll through cambridge common in the summer, look up into the trees. Transient hippies spend the summer here and the often keep themselves and their belongings in the trees. It's a bit odd but we try and keep an open mind in Cambridge. Next year I should show up with a chain saw and one of those tractors with the huge log claws on the front. I wonder how that would go over.

one of those tractors with the huge log claws on the front. .
    Feller-Buncher....and you won't need a chainsaw.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

The chainsaw is just to scare the hippies.

On second thought, maybe I won't need a chain saw if I can borrow a Feller-Buncher. I think this would do the job hippie-wise. Boy, I used to think my job had all the cool toys (fast Macs, ipads, audio/video recording equipment.) I guess I was wrong.

On second thought, maybe I won't need a chain saw if I can borrow a Feller-Buncher. I think this would do the job hippie-wise. Boy, I used to think my job had all the cool toys (fast Macs, ipads, audio/video recording equipment.) I guess I was wrong.

Are you making that "Tim the Toolman" noise? Argh-Argh-Argh!
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce