Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1/12 Storm Observations

Just figured we might try this. It works great on other forums. Just post any first hand knowlege that you might share. This kind of thing usually works better than the snow reporters. Anyway fire away if you can.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Plowed off 3" to 4" @ 8am Snowing hard

8am, Rt 100 is snow covered and it is snowing heavily. No wind on the valley floor at this time.
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Sweet. Good job guys. I knew I could count on you two.

http://170.222.32.148/1/ This is the live-time cam for Interstate 89 in Berlin (exit 7 area) from the www.511.vermont.gov AOT site. WarrenStore cam is temporarily down, call has gone out to the CamMan. (Sure wish the SugarCam was rolling.)

Edit: http://www.madrivervalley.com/vermont/webcam/index.asp Cam is back up....

Edit Again: just measured 2" in the last hour on the Valley floor. I need to suit up to shovel again shortly...
    Susan Klein, Director, MRV Chamber of Commerce

Absolutely puking in Arlington, not that that does anything for anyone...

Ya, with the power out at home I went in to work. Best comute all year with empty roads. I am on State Street on the 10th Floor and I can not even see the weathervain on Fanuel Hall which is about 200 yards away. Wish I went up last night. There is no one here.

keep the reports coming. I'm in the office despite a good foot and a half of snow so I can ski friday.

Plenty of fresh snow on the mountain. Just stopped for lunch to refuel. No wind to speak of & pretty light & dry with no signs of letting up.

All smiles under the hoods. & I am soooo happy that I was able to not be a flatlander today & tomorrow. Should be a fabulous weekend
    Stan

"There's No Cure For Life"

Hope the Cam will be up and running this week. It has been installed and now just need to get in onto the web.

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    SnowBlower 10" of wet and heavies at 8am, just did another 4" of colder drier stuff.
    That plowguy, everytime I get the driveway finished, he comes by again and fills the bottom back in. Grrrrr.

Hopefully the mountain is getting drier stuff than this. Just watched two sleds race across the lake chased by a bike with studded tires. Cool snow sports going on here.

Managed a couple hours work from home. Friday is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    SnowBlower 10" of wet and heavies at 8am, just did another 4" of colder drier stuff.
    That plowguy, everytime I get the driveway finished, he comes by again and fills the bottom back in. Grrrrr.

Hopefully the mountain is getting drier stuff than this. Just watched two sleds race across the lake chased by a bike with studded tires. Cool snow sports going on here.

Managed a couple hours work from home. Friday is coming...
    wet and heavy is good. 14" and counting??? am I understanding that correctly???

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn

Don't get too excited..

Yup 14" and counting...in Canton, MA. I'm thinking of hitting Blue Hills tonight for some 400 ft of bliss.

Snow slowed for about an hour, but it is starting back up again. Hopefully the snow bands extend up to The Valley.

Re: Don't get too excited..

Quote Originally Posted by Brew Ski
    Yup 14" and counting...in Canton, MA. I'm thinking of hitting Blue Hills tonight for some 400 ft of bliss.

Snow slowed for about an hour, but it is starting back up again. Hopefully the snow bands extend up to The Valley.
    WTF cares about Canton unless you're planning to haul some of that to the MRV.

FWIW I live about 20 miles direct from Sugarbush, S and W, and I am not there right now, but it was DUMPING down there this morning before I left. Forecasts have been increased now twice. We were in the 3-5 inch range, then 6-8 inch, now NOAA is saying 6-12. In BTV it is coming down. Some wind. Looks like the storm is slowing down and blowing up further north than they were thinking.....again, they said it was a non-event for us and now it is much bigger.