Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Only the cleanest and mellowest upper elevation glades are even close to being ready, but that hasn't stopped many. I've footpacked some lines and wandered into well-known areas to make a few cautious turns, but that's it. The trails are still better now. That said, plan on a long adventure this weekend. Have you been doing your homework, Brew?

Here's some video from the Cabin Cat this morning ... enjoy!

John

In the woods, searchin for the perfect airplane turn
    Homework was done before dinner.
    Cool stuff actually. I like the Avy stuff. I can't wait to learn more. Wind pack and loading will need some more explanation especially applying it to Sugarbush.

Seems strange that it is mid January and I haven't skied Steins, Castlerock, or ventured into any woods (Safety first you know). Hopefully the base sets up, or a group or two start boot packing or side stepping "secret" lines. Beside, I need to get my endurance up for the Castlerock Extreme!

Great video, thanks for keeping the Flatlanders stoked!

Yesterday's report:

Lots of wind scour and deposition on trails. Riding HG one saw ribbons of pow, and ribbons of scour right down to manmade crust. Cold, and wind chill was noticeable.

If one hiked, which quite a few of us did, there were exceptional goods. Got some seriously deep and fresh first tracks. First field test of my Dynastar Big Dumps was a success.

Good day. Drove up Wed night. Drove home yesterday. Drive back with family this afternoon. Yes, I'm nuts.

One thing is evident....a nice wet, heavy storm cycle would be good, imho. Like a few feet or more. Coverage on trails and in woods feels very tentative and bony. Not complaining, mind you. It just feels like we're at a fork in the road....and some base building depth that won't blow all around would be a good next step.

Observation from today. If you were floating, you were pretty OK. Speed or fatter skis got you to where you need to be. If you were not there, then you knew it. I found myself not there several times.

Great day overall.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

Sounds like my old in the back seat skiing will be in order! Gotta keep them tips up!

Spills was really good today. Ripcord was slick and windblown in spots, but should be good early in the AM all weekend since it's on the grooming list.

Snowmaking on Organgrinder has left some giant whales/piles.

Come n' get some, and say hi!