Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Parking Lot Shuttle VS. Claybrook

I was told this past weekend by one of the mountain staff that the Parking Lot Shuttle/Jitney no longer takes guests to the base of the Gatehouse Lodge because of complaints by the residents of Claybrook ("it's too noisy"). Everyone now has to get off in front of Claybrook.

Are you kidding me with this?

Now, I know everyone's thinking-- why not just walk? Its the principle. Normally I prefer to get to the mountain early enough to park as close to the base as possible, making the shuttle unnecessary. Some days, however, after working a late night and early morning, I cannot get to the mountain until 10 am or so. I end up parking practically on the access road. Friends with kids who have to carry lots of gear have also said the same thing-- what gives?

Working in the travel industry, I help bring literally busloads of people to spend their money at the resort which helps boost the local economy and I'm told, Nope, sorry Claybrook complained. You can't have that anymore. Gimme a break. Please, someone tell me there's a better explanation?

Just me, and I dont live there but, if I had the mil to drop on a CB unit and had to listen to a truck go back and forth outside my window in the morning I would not like it either.

The Sugarbush Sherpa can help if needed right?

I did not hear the Claybrook angle. I would bet that is speculation. I did hear that the management made the change because it made more sense. There are no more ticket windows at Gate House and all services are on the other side of the building.
    Trouble with you is the trouble with me,
    Got two good eyes but we still don’t see!

If the change came because the services are now on the other side, that means you're excluding all the season pass holders. And families with kids who only need one person to get off & buy tickets if they have their gear with them. If you're offering the service of a shuttle, shouldn't it accommodate all the guests, and not just a some of them?

If it's not speculation, what's next then? Snow guns too loud. Or maybe the snow cats grooming at night. Perhaps the late night bands at the CRP? If CB residents don't like to hear the sound of automobiles, why buy a condo adjacent to an enormous parking lot? Lots of cabins in VT without a car in sight.

I had not heard that and the last time I was at LP the shuttle took me to the usual spot. Hawk's explanation makes sense....

Hawk's explanation sounds good, but does it really make sense? Skier services have been to the right of Claybrook for the quite a few seasons (rentals and tickets). And you can still get a ticket at the guest services counter in Gatehouse.

Sorry but season pass holders are a minority. The majority of people need tickets, rentals or something from the new buildings. If the shuttle had to stop in both locations it would take longer for the shuttle to make the rounds. People would be waiting and the topic of this thead would be changed to "why do I have to wait so long for the shuttle".

I have no stake in this shuttle thing. I have never taken the shuttle. I walk because I like to stretch my legs and get the blood flowing before sking. Besides making the kids and wife walk will do them good. After all you are going skiing which is exercise. What's a little walk?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSno
    Hawk's explanation sounds good, but does it really make sense? Skier services have been to the right of Claybrook for the quite a few seasons (rentals and tickets). And you can still get a ticket at the guest services counter in Gatehouse.
    That's funny. When I asked them they said all tickets are now at the new building.

I got my ticket in the Gatehouse.

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    I walk because I like to stretch my legs and get the blood flowing before sking. After all you are going skiing which is exercise. What's a little walk?
    I couldn't agree more. I did walk from the bottom parking lot to the Claybrook shuttle stop, as the shuttle had just left ahead of me. Just thought I could save a few steps to the Gatehouse & get on the snow faster, so I asked once the shuttle was empty.

No that is not true. While we had the temporary stairs we used the shuttle temporarily to bring people up Gate House Lane so that people did not have to walk up the stairs. We always intended to stop the shuttle and most other traffic going up there once we had the new plaza built. The main entrance is to the left of the Schoolhouse and a pleasant walk up now. That is where the shuttle now stops. Gate House Lane is reserved for ambulance service and deliveries and snow plowing equipment. People are still able to walk up Gate House Lane which many do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk
    Interesting.
    Perhaps we're all just being misled?

The main ticket booth is in the Farmhouse. Guest Services in the Gate House can sell a regular window day ticket only.

Quote Originally Posted by win
    No that is not true. While we had the temporary stairs we used the shuttle temporarily to bring people up Gate House Lane so that people did not have to walk up the stairs. We always intended to stop the shuttle and most other traffic going up there once we had the new plaza built. The main entrance is to the left of the Schoolhouse and a pleasant walk up now. That is where the shuttle now stops. Gate House Lane is reserved for ambulance service and deliveries and snow plowing equipment. People are still able to walk up Gate House Lane which many do.
    Thanks for the input Win. I'll take your word for it. Next topic?